6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2019 10:15 AM by 4131360

Error when connecting to ords

Hi,

It's my first time I'm using ORDS(or trying to...), When I type http://localhost:8080/ords/ I encounter an error.

I have used this tutorial for configuring the ORDS.

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37099_01/doc.20/e25066/install.htm#AELIG7181

And after part 1.8.1 - 1.8.5 I tried to connect.

Access Oracle REST Data Services typing the following URL in your web browser:

• http://<hostname>:<port>/ordsWhere:<hostname> is the name of the server where Apache Tomcat is running.

• <port> is the port number configured for Apache Tomcat application server.

Then I reieved this error:

503 Service Unavailable

The connection pool named: |apex|| is not correctly configured, due to the following error(s): IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

I'm using Windows server 2019, with the latest Tomcat and ORDS.

I also tried to change the name of ords.war to apex.war before moving it, but maybe I had a mistake somewhere.

Any idea what could be the reason?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Error when connecting to ords
          thatJeffSmith-Oracle

if you run ords in standalone, is it able to make the database connection when you start it?

java -jar ords.war standalone - do you see any errors about the pool?

you could also confirm that the db is setup correctly by running

java -jar ords.war validate

• 2. Re: Error when connecting to ords

Hi, thank you for replying

When I run java -jar ords.war standalone I get this output:

C:\Ords>java -jar ords.war standalone

2019-11-26 13:12:27.783:INFO::main: Logging initialized @1804ms to org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.StdErrLog

Nov 26, 2019 1:12:27 PM

INFO: HTTP and HTTP/2 cleartext listening on port: 8080

Nov 26, 2019 1:12:27 PM

INFO: Disabling document root because the specified folder does not exist: C:\Ords\conf\ords\standalone\doc_root

2019-11-26 13:12:28.596:INFO:oejs.Server:main: jetty-9.4.z-SNAPSHOT; built: 2019-05-02T09:46:34.874Z; git: 14f32d50076f2b706f41a33066eb364d8492e199; jvm 1.8.0_231-b11

2019-11-26 13:12:28.611:INFO:oejs.session:main: DefaultSessionIdManager workerName=node0

2019-11-26 13:12:28.611:INFO:oejs.session:main: No SessionScavenger set, using defaults

2019-11-26 13:12:28.611:INFO:oejs.session:main: node0 Scavenging every 600000ms

Nov 26, 2019 1:12:33 PM

WARNING: The pool named: |apex|| is invalid and will be ignored: The connection pool named: |apex|| is not correctly configured, due to the following error(s): IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

Nov 26, 2019 1:12:37 PM

WARNING: The pool named: |apex|pu| is invalid and will be ignored: The connection pool named: |apex|pu| is not correctly configured, due to the following error(s): IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

Nov 26, 2019 1:12:37 PM

INFO: Oracle REST Data Services initialized

Oracle REST Data Services version : 19.2.0.r1991647

Oracle REST Data Services server info: jetty/9.4.z-SNAPSHOT

2019-11-26 13:12:37.699:INFO:oejsh.ContextHandler:main: Started o.e.j.s.ServletContextHandler@18355a8{/ords,null,AVAILABLE}

2019-11-26 13:12:37.714:INFO:oejsh.ContextHandler:main: Started o.e.j.s.h.ContextHandler@1ef45e3{/i,null,AVAILABLE}

2019-11-26 13:12:37.714:INFO:oejs.AbstractConnector:main: Started ServerConnector@540f5a{HTTP/1.1,[http/1.1, h2c]}{0.0.0.0:8080}

2019-11-26 13:12:37.714:INFO:oejs.Server:main: Started @11745ms

When I run java -jar ords.war validate I need to enter the details like when I configure the ords.

• 3. Re: Error when connecting to ords
              thatJeffSmith-Oracle

the error says it all, ORDS can't connect to the database to build the connection pools

• 4. Re: Error when connecting to ords

I guess my lack of knowledge influencing my understanding

Does the ORDS build a temporary database?

I need from the beginning to configure the ORDS to connect to a specific Database?

I thought that first, I install the ORDS without any special preparations and connect to http://localhost:8080/ords/ ("APEX"), which is a kind of UI if understood correctly.

Could you please give me a direction on what I should read or do in order to have it running?

My main goal is that I'll be able to connect with a mobile app to the ORDS API and from there get information from tables in the Oracle database.

Thank you.

• 5. Re: Error when connecting to ords
                  thatJeffSmith-Oracle

>>I need from the beginning to configure the ORDS to connect to a specific Database?

Yes. Where is this database? When you run the ORDS installer it will ask for a server, port, database name, etc.

• 6. Re: Error when connecting to ords

Hi,

I have configured the ords.war with the server name, database name, etc...

when I go to http://localhost:8080/ords

I have a new error

404 Not Found

The request could not be mapped to any database. Check the request URL is correct, and that URL to database mappings have been correctly configured

Maybe I didn't explain myself good; I will try to give the full picture.

I have one server with Windows server 2019 that runs Apache Tomcat, and I want to use the ords to connect to the oracle database in another server.

I have seen some videos that users have a nice GUI when they go to http://localhost:8080/ords (the APEX), regardless if they configured a database, they could go directly to a login panel. I also followed the steps and moved the images to "i" folder in the Apache webapps, as I moved the ords.war after the configuration. But for some reason, it doesn't work for me.

When I run java -jar ords.war validate, I recieve this:

"Retrieving information."

That's the only output.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.