6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2019 6:51 PM by L. Fernigrini

Missions misaligned?

L. Fernigrini

This morning I log in and saw a "spike" in my points, I remember I had 47K and saw that I now have almost 50k points, so I went to the reputation section on my proflle and saw that I have completed the "Database Star" mission (150 correct answers and 150 helpful answers on the DV section of the OTN (now Groundbreakers) space).

I wondered if there were any other missions in progress, and I moved to the following page, and discovered that I have a 76% advance in the "Super Smartypants in OTN" mission, that consists on being correct 150 times in the OTN (now groundbreakers) space.

Seems that the "Super Smartypants in OTN" mission has not picked up all the correct answers, since I understand that the Database space is part of the OTN one, so reaching 150 correct answers in the Database space should mean also at least 150 on the OTN one... unless I'm wrong in my understanding and the OTN spaces just counts forums not included in Database, Cloud Computing, Applications, Mobile, Systems, Java, Business Intelligence or Middleware spaces...

Does anyone knows if that is correct?

• 1. Re: Missions misaligned?
          BluShadow

There are still problems with the Gamification module on the community that the Admin are looking into.  Some things are working, some things are not.

I've yet to hear from the admin that everything has been fixed, so until that time, just assume everything is broken. 

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Missions misaligned?
            L. Fernigrini

Yes, I know about the problems with gamification. I wanted to know if my assumption that answers in the Database space count towards the total for the OTN space.

The difference is not 1 or 2 answers, since I have 150 correct in Database and +/- 115 in the OTN space, that means that there are 35 answers missing, that is not something form a couple of hours but actually many months of correct answers not taken into account.

I will check from time to time if the OTN mission advances and will update the thread.

• 3. Re: Missions misaligned?
              Stew Ashton

Just so you know you're not alone: I recently completed the "Database Star" mission (150 correct answers and 150 helpful answers), but the points were not added to my reputation. Also, the "Super Smartypants" mission (150 correct answers) has been stuck at 83% for months.

Thank you for posting your problem. Now that I know it's not just me, I shall carry on with real life.

Best regards,

Stew Ashton

• 4. Re: Missions misaligned?
                L. Fernigrini

Sorry to disappoint you, but you did not complete the mission yet .

There is an error on the "front" side presentation of the mission, you may have 149 correct and 150 helpful answers, 299/300 --> 99..66% --> rounded to 100 --> show as complete. Due to rounding, the main "screen" of the mission appears as complete:

But the info shown when you click on the "Details" shows that you still need some correct answer (probably just 1 or 2). That happened to me some time ago on other mission, and then when I received another correct answer the blue bar has gone to the end, and the points were awarded

• 5. Re: Missions misaligned?
                  Stew Ashton

Thank you for that information! I was unaware that there were "details". Allow me to rant a bit: showing bars and such instead of just saying "you have 148 out of 150" is just stupid. Not to mention that without you I would never have known that there were "details", and even then I had to stare for a few minutes before clicking on the gears in the bottom right hand corner, all to see info that could fit on the front...

"Gamification"...

By the way, thanks for the points (that I seem to have received twice).

Regards,

Stew

• 6. Re: Missions misaligned?
                    L. Fernigrini
                    Allow me to rant a bit: showing bars and such instead of just saying "you have 148 out of 150" is just stupid.

Yrs, that was discussed some time ago, I proposed to actually show the numbers to avoid mistakes, I could not find the idea/discussion where that was commented...

[EDIT] this is one Idea regarding that issue:

Make mission complete status better readable

And here is another where I explained what I considered better...

https://community.oracle.com/ideas/25824#comment-1055672

By the way, thanks for the points (that I seem to have received twice).

That's another error on Gamification, reported here:

toggling reply "helpful" flag awards points every time

I clicked on the helpful, nothing changed, then clicked again and it awarded the points twice... no big deal, just a "bonus". It also gave me the 10 points for selecting a helpful answer twice!