2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2020 9:04 PM by GravyKing

opmnctl: opmn start failed and status 2 on others

GravyKing

EBS R12.1.3 on RedHat Linux with separate database and applications tiers non-rac.

This is a rapid cloning question and we have a number of cloned environments setup but on this one I am having a number of app tier startup issues which I can only attribute to me trying to make some changes to the /etc/hosts entries.

I changed my /etc/hosts file entries to actually specify the database and application servers which I think is the recommended method versus what we have implemented elsewhere which just has a loopback entry specifying the just the hostname.

For example:

Typical setup for /etc/hosts on all other environments

127.0.0.1   hostname hostname.xxx.yyy localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4

::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6

This environment:

On the DB Node.

::1 localhost.localdomain localhost

IP ADDRESS dbservername.xxxx.us dbservername

IP ADDRESS appservername.xxxx.us appservername

On the APPS node.

IP ADDRESS dbeservername.xxxx.us dbservername

So is the syntax in my above entries correct?  Isn't there an oracle script to validate things like SRDC or something maybe I should run that.

Here are my errors I see (cut out the error ones):

Listener APPS_EBSPRJ has already been started.

adalnctl.sh: exiting with status 2

Starting OPMN managed Oracle HTTP Server (OHS) instance ...

opmnctl: opmn start failed.

opmnctl: opmn is not running.

adapcctl.sh: exiting with status

adalnctl.sh: exiting with status 2

Starting OPMN managed OACORE OC4J instance  ...

adoacorectl.sh: exiting with status 2

Starting OPMN managed FORMS OC4J instance  ...

adformsctl.sh: exiting with status 2

Starting OPMN managed OAFM OC4J instance  ...

adoafmctl.sh: exiting with status 2

Then the final output (not sure why I see a bunch on 'Already started' and I have shutdown previously and killed any old sessions);

[Service Control Execution Report]

The report format is:

<Service Group>            <Service>                                  <Script>         <Status>

Root Service                                                                           Enabled

Root Service               Oracle Process Manager for EBSPRJ_ebsas5t  adopmnctl.sh     Started

Web Entry Point Services                                                               Enabled

Web Entry Point Services   Oracle HTTP Server EBSPRJ_ebsas5t          adapcctl.sh      Started

Web Entry Point Services   OracleTNSListenerAPPS_EBSPRJ_ebsas5t       adalnctl.sh      Already Started

Web Application Services                                                               Enabled

Web Application Services   OACORE OC4J Instance EBSPRJ_ebsas5t        adoacorectl.sh   Already Started

Web Application Services   FORMS OC4J Instance EBSPRJ_ebsas5t         adformsctl.sh    Already Started

Web Application Services   OAFM OC4J Instance EBSPRJ_ebsas5t          adoafmctl.sh     Already Started

Batch Processing Services                                                              Enabled

Batch Processing Services  OracleConcMgrEBSPRJ_ebsas5t                adcmctl.sh       Started

Batch Processing Services  Oracle ICSM EBSPRJ_ebsas5t                 ieoicsm.sh       Started

Batch Processing Services  Oracle Fulfillment Server EBSPRJ_ebsas5t   jtffmctl.sh      Started

Other Services                                                                         Disabled

Other Services             OracleFormsServer-Forms EBSPRJ_ebsas5t     adformsrvctl.sh  Disabled

Other Services             Oracle Metrics Client EBSPRJ_ebsas5t       adfmcctl.sh      Disabled

Other Services             Oracle Metrics Server EBSPRJ_ebsas5t       adfmsctl.sh      Disabled

Other Services             Oracle MWA Service EBSPRJ_ebsas5t          mwactlwrpr.sh    Disabled

ServiceControl is exiting with status 0

• 1. Re: opmnctl: opmn start failed and status 2 on others
          aspardhya

This environment:

On the DB Node.

IP ADDRESS dbservername.xxxx.us dbservername

On the APPS node.

IP ADDRESS dbeservername.xxxx.us dbservername

So is the syntax in my above entries correct? 

--------> Yes, that is fine. You can to just validate (1 tab or 2 tab space) between IP Address, AppServer.Domain and AppServer

Was your startup issue solved. If yes, what solution you applied. Was autoconfig at application tier or DB bounce?

• 2. Re: opmnctl: opmn start failed and status 2 on others
            GravyKing

I ended up opening an SR and recently provided some log file outputs fro them to review so we'll see where it goes.  Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately closing this post without resolution as I had to give this environment back to development so I just put it back to what was working for us.