4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2020 2:30 PM by Grando

BCC rollback deployment

Hi,

I am having a BCC project which is updated with assets and is not in author state and is having an issue which i am looking into, in the meanwhile due to the time constraint i want to rollback the deployment of that project and revert the changes so that other projects in the queue can be deployed. Please let me know how we can rollback the deployment and revert the changes for a project which is having an issue when we deploy to staging agent. I want it to be back to normal so that there is no issue with the project deployment. Please provide your expert opinion.

Thanks

• 1. Re: BCC rollback deployment

Team, any update on this issue is highly appreciated.

• 2. Re: BCC rollback deployment

Hi Shaik/Grando,

Can you guys provide an update on how to handle the BCC rollback deployment?

Thanks

• 3. Re: BCC rollback deployment
              Nooruddin Shaik

BCC has option to rollback from Admin Console.

If rollback fails, cancel the project. You may have to revert the changes and deploy the project based upon if transaction is committed or now. Most of the time for less number of assets all happens in one transaction and assets will be committed in production database.

Peace

Shaik

• 4. Re: BCC rollback deployment
                Grando

Hi,

You can try to return project to initial state by sql directly.

Run these comands at publishing server host:port/dyn/admin/atg/dynamo/admin/en/jdbcbrowser/executeQuery.jhtml or at publishing database by SQLDeveloper (or any other db tool):

Just change prj1053328 for your project id.

-- remove asset locks on the project. if any

delete from avm_asset_lock where workspace_id = (select id from avm_devline where name = (select workspace from epub_project where project_id = 'prj1053328'));

-- change states. Locked to false and editable to true (locked to 0 and editable to 1)

update epub_project set locked=0 where project_id = 'prj1053328';

update epub_project set editable=1 where project_id = 'prj1053328';

-- change states. Locked to false and editable to true (locked to 0 and editable to 1)

update avm_workspace set locked=0 where ws_id = (select id from avm_devline where name = (select workspace from epub_project where project_id = 'prj1053328'));

-- update avm_workspace

set editable=1 where ws_id = (select id from avm_devline where name = (select workspace from epub_project where project_id = 'prj1053328'));

-- finally change state to author which is 3 for all workflows

update epub_ind_workflow set state=3 where process_id = (select process_id from epub_process where project='prj1053328');

commit;

Invalidate below publishing repository caches: /atg/epub/PublishingRepository e /atg/epub/version/VersionManagerRepository

Hope it helps.

Bye.