ODI scenario migration process

Scenario: ODI has installed with full components (Designer,operator, topology mgr, security) in all environments (dev, test & prod). Developments are being done in dev environment and scenarios are being migrated to test/prod environments.'Test' environment designer also has packages, interfaces etc.,.with small difference in the package 'flow' (sequence of steps executions) without any changes of interfaces logic etc., Dev & Test environment uses two different contexts, databases.

Considering we are using scenario ( which is exported from dev environemnt) in test environment, when we execute this scenario with 'test' environment context , does it refers to 'test' environment package in any way or 'dev' environment package definition?  Appreciate thoughts on this.

• 1. Re: ODI scenario migration process
        Adrian_Popescu-Oracle

Hi,

A context is a mapping between logical and physical schemas.

So, in context DEV, logical schema LS is mapped to physical schemas PS1 which is setup to use Oracle schema ORA1.

In context TEST, the same logical schema LS is mapped to physical schemas PS2 which is setup to use Oracle schema ORA2.

Hence, on different contexts, different Oracle schemas (for example) will be read.

So you need to check for a context and a logical schema, if the correct physical schema is used.

Adrian

• 2. Re: ODI scenario migration process

Thanks Adrian. I used another alternate, I have created new setup (Physical/logical arch & context) for this requirement  and now I can point to required source systems just by changing the context.