4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2019 2:26 PM by Velmurugan D

WCP REST service related

Velmurugan D

Hi Team,

We need to expose portal functionality as REST service and then call ADF Modules for the use case

In the current ADF side we are customizing 70% of the requirement.

Also,Need to check is there a wizard available  to translate the existing functionality as REST service?

Wizard is generating more no of API services,Is there a way to compress the no of API services functionality into one and build the logic?

Regards

Ramesh

• 1. Re: WCP REST service related
          Daniel Merchán

Hello,

I do not really understand parts of your questions properly. Can you please elaborate a bit more what are you trying to achieve?

This is what I understand

We need to expose portal functionality as REST service and then call ADF Modules for the use case

• Which functionality exactly and which Portal Services do not you need to expose?
          • What do you mean with ADF Module?
          • Can you provide an example or something more detailed about what are you trying to do?

In the current ADF side we are customizing 70% of the requirement.

• There is not context of the requirement.
          • I do not understand what are you "customizing" or how. Are you talking about MDS Customisations over Portal Components? What do you mean?

Also,Need to check is there a wizard available  to translate the existing functionality as REST service?

• If I understand correctly, you mean something similar to ADF - Business Components exposed as REST. No, there is not such approach in Oracle WebCenter Portal. Oracle WebCenter Portal already offers a REST API that can be consumed exposing (not all) some of the Portal Services such as Activity Stream, People connections etc...
          • If you need to expose Oracle WebCenter Portal API via REST which is not available in the Out-of-the-box offered then you need you need to develop them by your own

In addition to the top, please always share the exact version of Oracle WebCenter Portal you are working with.

Kind regards.

• 2. Re: WCP REST service related
            Velmurugan D

Apologies for the confusion

Basically we are exposing few transctional services to API portal  VIA javaxREST API

in this context,1.We have View Objects and Application modules in ADF12c

Clarification:If we can expose view objects and Application module as REST API services ,The no REST APIs will be exceptionally increasing-To avoid his we are customizing the 70% of the logic from View objects side

Remaining 30% application modules functionality we make use of the existing code .

My intention is ,Is there a way we can reduce the no of API services from View objects and call corresponding API services from application modules side?

Is there any best solution in this context

Regards

Ramesh

• 3. Re: WCP REST service related
              Daniel Merchán

Hi Vel,

Thanks for giving some clarifications at this point. It also looks more a JDeveloper and ADF question related rather than Portal.

Basically we are exposing few transctional services to API portal  VIA javaxREST API

The above comment means you have Jersey REST or other pure Java REST Services exposed right? Not related to ADF Business Components.?

The no REST APIs will be exceptionally increasing-To avoid his we are customizing the 70% of the logic from View objects side

Can you explain "what customization are you doing"?

About the number of APIs growing, I do not know if this is a valid approach as I have not tried it and maybe someone from the JDev & ADF Forum can give more clarity. But, you can always create an Application Module nested structure grouping your business services together. By following this approach I do not know if you can reduce the number of APIs exposed as REST.

In addition, you can always also select what you expose in an AM (View Instances of a View Object) and also which Custom Methods will be available as wel..

I think JDeveloper and ADF friends will be more helpful than me in this scenario as unfortunately I never had the opportunity of working with ADF-BC exposed to REST .

Kind regards.

• 4. Re: WCP REST service related
                Velmurugan D

Thanks Daniel for the response.

1)We are using javaxREST API to expose internal service functionality to API portal

2)  View objects side if we start creating API services via Wizard,The no of API services are exceptionally more,To avoid this We are building the custom logic to qualify the view object functionality and from there we are calling application module java classes for a transaction service

In view objects 70% logic we are building custom code,Rest 30% we are calling application modules code...Is there a better way to do the thins on 70% of the view objects code

in this regards is there a better way of implementing this solution.Need your suggestion in this regards in terms of solution design

Regards

Ramesh