4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2020 2:13 PM by Michael.R.Taylor-Oracle

Getting DYN to release a domain so I can setup DNS?

I've migrated away to name.com but dyn.com is still acting as DNS for a number of my domains, including one which is 'parked' and I can't get it released so that I can setup DNS somewhere else. Everything is blocked and that's fine the domain is now registered with name.com but please let me release and change DNS settings. Really have to just migrate away from DYN. I've tried asking support via email a few times but as yet no response.

Thanks for any help, If anybody has managed to do this I'm all ears.

• 1. Re: Getting DYN to release a domain so I can setup DNS?
          aplss30

Oracle does not appear to be interested in helping, I would encourage you to file a complaint with ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers): https://forms.icann.org/en/resources/compliance/complaints/transfer/form

We have done so and will continue exploring all avenues, including legal if needed, available to us until we get this issue resolved.

• 2. Re: Getting DYN to release a domain so I can setup DNS?
            Michael.R.Taylor-Oracle

Apologies, I had not seen your post until aplss30 responded.

We are aware that some domains were not initially available to claim at name.com due to errors during the transfer. These domains required manual intervention, and we have been informed by name.com that this was completed on Monday, December 30th. Please reattempt to claim your domains at name.com if you have not already done so, and if it is still not available screenshot the error you receive and send it to us for investigation by submitting a ticket at userhelp@dyn.com. Then feel free to DM me with the ticket number you received and I will follow up with support on your behalf.

Mike

Oracle + Dyn

• 3. Re: Getting DYN to release a domain so I can setup DNS?

I have no idea how this has become so difficult. I've never had an issue with Dyn.com but now with the Oracle takeover I haven't been able to get control of a domain I registered with dyn.com. So basically I bought a domain for some time in the future. It's been parked since I bought it. So now the future has arrived and I want to point that domain at an actual IP Address and that's simply not possible. At this point being unable to take control of my parked domain I have to basically try and close my dyn.com account and move to somewhere else. That's how I have to move this forward. I'd love to know what Oracle bought dyn.com for. Just to shut it down so that I'd move to your in house DNS service? If that is the case can you let me know what the Oracle DNS service is called as I certainly don't want to end up there.

• 4. Re: Getting DYN to release a domain so I can setup DNS?
                Michael.R.Taylor-Oracle

Hi 4164474,

If you are still experiencing troubles with your domain from the transfer to name.com, please submit a ticket (if you haven't already, but it looks like you have) specifying what domains you are still unable to claim and DM me the ticket number so I can follow up with support regarding this. You will need to accept the friend request I sent here in order to DM.

Mike

Oracle + Dyn