3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2020 4:47 AM by Akhtar_w

Oracle Forms 12c

Akhtar_w

Dear Sir,

How I can change the Text of Graphics Text Item(boilerplate text) Dynamically In Oracle Forms.

• 1. Re: Oracle Forms 12c
          Michael Ferrante-Oracle

Graphic text cannot be changed at runtime. This is no different than any other Forms graphic.  They cannot be altered at runtime.  If you want changable text, use a text item, display item, or create your own Bean or PJC.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Oracle Forms 12c
            Eng. Tawfik Einea

You may do these steps If you need it eagerly, as it is little complex:

1- Make a Java bean which gets a handle to the forms' java Main class (Java object of class oracle.forms.engine.Main)

2- Enumerate (in the bean's code) all components of the form.

3- Once you reach the boilerplate object (because it is a Java object!), store it in a variable.

4- Use the Java methods to do whatever you want for this object, at run time.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Oracle Forms 12c
              Akhtar_w

Dear Sir,

I want to show text in my forms with vertical direction. The graphic text can be show in vertical form but its value can not be changed at run-time and text field can not be rotated.

How its possible to show the value at vertical direction and can be changed in run-time.

And in oracle reports we can rotate the text (boilerplate) at run time and can assign value to it at run-time by using & sing with field name is there any similar functionality in oracle forms.