1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 6, 2020 8:28 PM by John Proestakes

Is there ANY documentation on how to POST lead form data on an external page to Eloqua?

Due to increasing security restrictions in Firefox, I need to update the way we submit data to Eloqua. Previously, this was all done with AJAX, and we just threw out the lack of response that happened due to CORS. But Firefox still sent the data at that point - it "worked," we just didn't really have a way to verify the full exchange completed, it was all trust based. Now, they don't send the data at all, and obviously Oracle isn't gonna do anything about CORS. I'm reworking our form so that it submits to a handler on our side that will make the POST to our Eloqua endpoint serverside instead, but I can't find a thing that explains what Eloqua's form endpoint expects. I've done guess and check on every combination I can think of - GETs with query strings, POSTing JSON data, and none of it works. The request just bombs out and I get nothing back from Eloqua explaining why.

I've done blind form submits before from emails just by creating a link with an appropriate query string attached, and that works, so I would have thought just sending a GET request set up that way should work, and yet I'm just getting failure after failure.

Maybe there's a better, API-based way of creating lead records rather than submitting to the form endpoint?

• 1. Re: Is there ANY documentation on how to POST lead form data on an external page to Eloqua?
          John Proestakes

Depending on what server-side language /platform youre using, I find i always have error logging turned off and am not seeing any of that, so that is where i would start. And depending whats available in your dev environment, you would want to make sure that you're getting 200 status code from the eloqua link. Even if it doesnt return any error message saying what exactly is wrong, eloqua does return status. The last thing, it may help to look at an eloqua generated form (i'm sure you've done this) there are a few fields that are hidden and required for submission, i think they are form name and site id. and the typical last thing, would be to remove all the validation from the form asset in eloqua because if there is anything funky coming through, it might be refusing it, and you're not seeing an error message.

if you're feeling adventurous, you can maybe try the REST API, but honestly probably more complicated:

https://docs.oracle.com/en/cloud/saas/marketing/eloqua-rest-api/op-api-rest-1.0-data-form-id-post.html

Best of luck!