4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2020 8:42 PM by thatJeffSmith-Oracle

error window pop up and has  to exit out SQL developer

ANNEC

I am using SQL developer 19.1.

I have recently this error pop up, and it then has to exit out SQL developer without saving my work. It is really frustrating.

LoadLibrary failed with error: 87: The parameter is incorrect.

what could be wrong?

I do have two monitors, but I don't have problems before today.

Thanks

• 1. Re: error window pop up and has  to exit out SQL developer
          EdStevens

ANNEC wrote:

I am using SQL developer 19.1.

I have recently this error pop up, and it then has to exit out SQL developer without saving my work. It is really frustrating.

LoadLibrary failed with error: 87: The parameter is incorrect.

what could be wrong?

I do have two monitors, but I don't have problems before today.

Thanks

what were you doing that resulted in the pop-up?  What makes you think two monitors has anything to do with it?

what did you discover when you googled the error message?

• 2. Re: error window pop up and has  to exit out SQL developer
            ANNEC

When I used the SQL developer run queries, it is random, usually after I work in developer for about 5 minutes or so, then the pop up with the message come up, when I click OK button which is the only button on it, SQL developer  exists immediately.

I lost all my work.

I searched in this forum, I found one mentioned two monitors. But mine has been working fine all the time except since yesterday.

• 3. Re: error window pop up and has  to exit out SQL developer
              Glen Conway

Did you consider specifically the comment in post Re: LoadLibrary failed with error: 87: The parameter is incorrect. where it says (emphasis mine):

I have exactly the same problem and I can confirm that this is display problem, however my problem was not caused by old driver but rather because I had 2 monitors connected to my PC.

The first monitor was hooked on the onboard GPU and the second one on an additional graphics card. If SQLDeveloper was ran on the monitor which was connected on the external graphics card everything was OK, when I made my primary screen the one which was connected on the onboard GPU I started experiencing this problem.

Something on your system must have changed between the time everything worked on 19.1 and now. Maybe the video driver, the version of Java, which graphics cards is associated with the SQL Developer app, etc.  Good luck working through it!

• 4. Re: error window pop up and has  to exit out SQL developer
                thatJeffSmith-Oracle

can you run the SQL Developer exe from the \bin folder in a cmd window?

And then once it's running, make sure the View > Log panel is active?

Then, when this happens next, get a screenshot of the sqldev desktop, including that log panel, AND copy out the stack dump shown in the CMD window.

This is after you've checked for video driver updates and trying with 1 vs 2 monitors.