2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2020 1:00 PM by RN

java.sql.Struct: unable to populate object type

RN

Hi all,

I am seeking some help based on some limited knowledge. Please look at the below piece of code:

public oracle.sql.STRUCT createSessionInfoObj(Connection conn, JSONObject req) throws Exception  {

String attrs[] = new String[SESSION_ATTR_NUM];

for (int i=0; i<2; i++) {   

attrs[i] = req.getStr(SESSION_ATTR_NAMES[i]);

System.out.println(SESSION_ATTR_NAMES[i] + ": " + attrs[i]);

}  

At this point, attrs array has the data and it prints absolutely fine.

oracle.sql.StructDescriptor structDesc =

oracle.sql.StructDescriptor.createDescriptor(SESSION_INFO_OBJ, conn);            

oracle.sql.STRUCT sessionInfoObj = new oracle.sql.STRUCT(structDesc, conn, attrs);

System.out.println("sessionInfoObj: " + sessionInfoObj.dump() );

return sessionInfoObj;

}

Here when sessionInfoObj  is pouplated with attrs array and we print out the data of sessionInfoObj  but it is empty.

SESSION_INFO_OBJ is a Type defined in the database as below:

create or replace TYPE  SESSION_INFO_OBJ AS OBJECT

(

session_key VARCHAR2(80),

ip_address  VARCHAR2(50)

)

The application code has the necessary privileges to access this object.  I believe(but could be wrong) it is not a permission issue because when Java tries to print sessionInfoObj, it prints two components of the object (as defined in the database type), but they are blank.. see below:

SESSION_KEY = ???

IP_ADDRESS = ???

What could be the problem? We have this working in several environments. We are trying to deploy the application on a brand new environment and it's not working there.

Oracle database: 18c

Using ojdbc6

JDK version 11.05

Using Tomcat

The application is deployed on a docker container.

Please let me know if some other details are needed and I can get them from my team.

PS: I am not sure if I chose the correct space to post this thread. Please advise.

Thanks,

RN