1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 1, 2020 5:15 PM by Glen Conway

How can I fix connection window of SQLDeveloper?

77a569ed-9cd9-4800-bbba-76fe9ab77c2b

When I run SQLDeveloper, I can't find connection Information window,

I don't know why It didn't working.

I deleted and re-installed SQLDeveloper, But Problem is not solved yet.

And I found nullpointerexception of sqldeveloper during running.

How can I fix it?

<NullPointerException>

Failed to load a window

java.lang.NullPointerException

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.db.impl.ConnectionStoresTreeNode.getConnectionType(ConnectionStoresTreeNode.java:215)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.db.impl.ConnectionStoresTreeNode.loadChildrenImpl(ConnectionStoresTreeNode.java:191)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.model.NavigatorTree.loadChildrenSynchronously(NavigatorTree.java:428)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.model.NavigatorTree.loadChildren(NavigatorTree.java:607)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.model.NavigatorTree.open(NavigatorTree.java:365)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.model.NavigatorTree.expand(NavigatorTree.java:764)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.core.NavigatorWindow.expandVisibleRoot(NavigatorWindow.java:354)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.core.NavigatorWindow.createGUI(NavigatorWindow.java:122)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.core.NavigatorWindow.getGUI(NavigatorWindow.java:319)

at oracle.ide.docking.DockableWindow.getHostedComponent(DockableWindow.java:238)

at com.oracle.jdeveloper.nbwindowsystem.NbDockableContainer.componentOpened(NbDockableContainer.java:171)

at org.openide.windows.WindowManager.componentOpenNotify(WindowManager.java:307)

at org.netbeans.core.windows.WindowManagerImpl.notifyTopComponentOpened(WindowManagerImpl.java:1149)

at org.netbeans.core.windows.Central.addModeOpenedTopComponent(Central.java:798)

at org.netbeans.core.windows.ModeImpl.addOpenedTopComponent(ModeImpl.java:354)

at org.netbeans.core.windows.LazyLoader.lazyLoad(LazyLoader.java:140)

at org.netbeans.core.windows.PersistenceHandler.initModeFromConfig(PersistenceHandler.java:441)

at org.netbeans.core.windows.PersistenceHandler.load(PersistenceHandler.java:204)

at org.netbeans.core.windows.WindowSystemImpl.load(WindowSystemImpl.java:81)

at org.netbeans.core.GuiRunLevel$InitWinSys.run(GuiRunLevel.java:229)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)

at oracle.javatools.internal.ui.EventQueueWrapper._dispatchEvent(EventQueueWrapper.java:169)

at oracle.javatools.internal.ui.EventQueueWrapper.dispatchEvent(EventQueueWrapper.java:151)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

• 1. Re: How can I fix connection window of SQLDeveloper?
          Glen Conway

If the only problem was a "hidden" Connections tree, then you would just use Window > Reset Windows To Factory Settings to bring it back.  In your case, however, there is a stack trace suggesting a problem with user settings.

You say, "I deleted and re-installed SQLDeveloper", but perhaps that refers only to the app installation via unzip. To really clean up and get a fresh start, you also need to get rid of the old, possibly corrupt, user settings.  On Windows, for example, that would be:

C:\Users\<yourID>\AppData\Roaming\SQL Developer\system<yourSQLDevVersion>

Try renaming that folder to something else, then restart SQL Developer. You will have to decide whether to migrate user settings from a prior release, or let the settings default.

Cheers