Opera 5.6 installation on 11204 database

Manmohan Bhakuni

Hi Experts,

Need advice as to how can i proceed with an installation having 12c Apps on 11204PS18 database.  I have installed 11204 / PS18 database (using 505 dvd set) and then installed 12c weblogic apps provisioning server. This database and apps combinations is client requirement .

Now post this basic installation, i have Opera schema version (default got installed using 505 dvd) on 505/E5 WHEREAS Apps runtimes version is 5.6.5 (default base installation).

The issue is now that i can not crate Property Code because clicking on property code does not start at all.

Will it find if i apply a patch on default Opera schema Only (from 505/E5 to 5.6.5), so that my schema and runtimes version will on sync. Then i will apply 5.6.7 patch on default schema and runtimes since the target version of our client is 5.6.7.

Then i will drop default opera schema and then Restore property opera schema which is on 5.04.01 version and then apply a mega patch on Schema Only until it reached the target version 5.6.7.

Please share your expertise. Shall be very much grateful.

Sincerely

Manmohan (oracle dba / Opera PMS)

• 1. Re: Opera 5.6 installation on 11204 database
        Manmohan Bhakuni

Hi Experts,

Installation is done and migrated till 5.6.7 but the issue now im facing the that im not able to create a new profile and reservation. Its trigger error appearing.  While trying to open screen painter from within opera pms screen, it shows message " screen painter Package version  - No database connection"  error message.

Please assist.

Sincerely

Manmohan

• 2. Re: Opera 5.6 installation on 11204 database
          Alexander Pavlov

Hi Manmohan,

Did you check application status via oapcfged? Are all of them deployed?

• 3. Re: Opera 5.6 installation on 11204 database
            Manmohan Bhakuni

Hi Alexander,

First of all thanks for sparing time to update and your suggestion.

Yes application status is ok and all of them are deployed without any issues.

The issue what i have been facing for the last 8 days is that upon reaching 50607 version, we are not able to make a new profile and also new reservation.

The error appears is "WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger raised unhandled exception" and unable to move or click ok to save profile or reservation.

This is the procedure i have been following for this migration:  

===================================================

====Since its the property HQ approved to use 11G database along with 12c Weblogic combination========

Steps followed:

1. Installled 11G database 11204/PS18 (using DVD2 of 505 media) (default opera schema 505/E5)
            2. Installed 12c media set (Default runtimes version 50605)
            3. Here, since there is different in opera and runtimes version, thus new property creation task could not be initiated.
            4. Then, dropped default opera/oxi and oxihub schemas
            5. Then, Imported property live Opera Dump file(also Data Pump) 50401/E25 version.
            6. Then, imported property OXI and Oxihub dump (50401/E25)
            7. Then, applied OH_OPERA_5.4.1.0_through_5.4.1.30_to_5.6.5.0.exe megapatch. (SCHEMA Only option)
            8. Then, applied OH_V5.6.6.0.exe (Both schema and runtimes)
            9. Then, applied OH_V5.6.7.0.exe (Both schema and runtimes)

Sincerely

Manmohan

• 4. Re: Opera 5.6 installation on 11204 database
              Alexander Pavlov

Hi Manmohan,

Unhandled exception in profile screen is well known issue and can be solved using screenpainter -> recompile all condition option. But in your case screen painter doesn't work. One of the reason can be undeployed war's. But if all war's are deployed then you need to find out reason why screen painter doesn't work. You can also try to start ScreenPainter directly from shortcut 'd:\MICROS\opera\Tools\ScreenWiz.exe debug schemaid=schema_0 appusername=NA_REPORTS appuserpass=NA_REPORTS resort=youpropertiname .

• 5. Re: Opera 5.6 installation on 11204 database
                Manmohan Bhakuni

Hi Alexander,

Infact i already tried compiling profile screen and reservation / More fields screen through screen painter (as screen painter was not getting opened from within opera, thus tried through running the .exe directly  (under \tools\ folder ) and passed username  / password and alias and was able to recompile the screen.

But the strange part is that im still NOT able to create any profile and reservation. It throws still the same trigger error.

Now i have run out of all the options and alternates i knew unfortunately.

Sincerely

manmohan

• 6. Re: Opera 5.6 installation on 11204 database
                  Alexander Pavlov

Hi Manmohan,

Can you try to add UDFC field though screenpainter? Do you see this udfc in profile screen after?

• 7. Re: Opera 5.6 installation on 11204 database
                    Manmohan Bhakuni

Hi Alexander,

Apologize for delay.

Thanks and shall update at the earliest after testing UDFC field.

Sincerely

manmohan

• 8. Re: Opera 5.6 installation on 11204 database
                      Manmohan Bhakuni

Hi Alexander,

Unfortunately, even after compiling Profile and reservation screen through screen painter, the Trigger error is not willing to leave me. it seems.

Sincerely

manmohan

• 9. Re: Opera 5.6 installation on 11204 database
                        MOUTI Mehdi

Dear Manmohan,

have you found any solution. I am facin exactly the same error

thank you

Mehdi

• 10. Re: Opera 5.6 installation on 11204 database
                          Alexander Pavlov

Hi Manmohan,

What about UDFC field, is it appears in profile or reservation screen after you've added it via screen painter?

Do you have possibility to go to 5.6.8 (5.6.8.1 or higher)?

• 11. Re: Opera 5.6 installation on 11204 database
                            Manmohan Bhakuni

Hi,

I apologize, unfortunately still facing the same issue. Have been trying with all the possible combination of mega patches but it seems that the issue is related to the compiling of rsedit_sp.pll and profile.plx.

Sincerely

manmohan

• 12. Re: Opera 5.6 installation on 11204 database
                              Alexander Pavlov

Hi Manmohan,

"What about UDFC field, is it appears in profile or reservation screen after you've added it via screen painter?"

• 13. Re: Opera 5.6 installation on 11204 database
                                Manmohan Bhakuni

Hi Alexander,

Well, tried to add one UDFC through through /tools/screenpainter exe file but it does not appear. Unfortunately, we can not upgrade to 5.6.8 or higher because as per this MAC account HQ, their standard is Database version 11204 along with 12c Weblogic and  opera version 5.6.7.

Actually, i tried their Live DUmp in 12c database and 12c apps and upgraded till 5.6.8.1 and its working. Only teh issue is that even in this 5.6.8.1 version, i was not able to make a new profile and reservation but the issue got resolved after compiling the corresponding .pll for profile and resedit. Post which new profile and new reservation getting created but its of No use to me because we have 11g database combination at site.

Sincerely

Manmohan

• 14. Re: Opera 5.6 installation on 11204 database
                                  Manmohan Bhakuni

Hi,

When we try to open screenpainter from within opera configuration, get the below:

Sincerely

Manmohan

1 2 3 上一个 下一个