10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2020 1:56 PM by DubbsNix

Redwood is here!

James M. Finch-Oracle

As part of the company-wide rebranding we now have new headers and footers on most pages and the welcome page and groundbreakers main page have updated looks.

We welcome your feedback on these changes and ask your help should you encounter pages that are not loading properly.

Best,

Jim

System Admin

• 1. Re: Redwood is here!
          KayK

Hi Jim,

how many changes in colour and design can we expect and at what intervals?
          I personally would say "no brown in town" ;-)

regards

Kay

• 2. Re: Redwood is here!
            James M. Finch-Oracle

We'll be working with stakeholders on an individual basis to update individual areas as needed but most of the major changes (headers, footers, colors), were rolled out this weekend.

Best,

Jim

• 3. Re: Redwood is here!
              EdStevens

James M. Finch-Oracle wrote:

We'll be working with stakeholders on an individual basis to update individual areas as needed but most of the major changes (headers, footers, colors), were rolled out this weekend.

Best,

Jim

It's a shame they spend their time on 'updated' color schemes while ignoring underlying functional issues . . . I don't think I'm alone when I say that I suspect the vast majority of participants in these forums are underwhelmed and unimpressed.

• 4. Re: Redwood is here!
                BluShadow

EdStevens wrote:

James M. Finch-Oracle wrote:

Best,

Jim

It's a shame they spend their time on 'updated' color schemes while ignoring underlying functional issues . . . I don't think I'm alone when I say that I suspect the vast majority of participants in these forums are underwhelmed and unimpressed.

Unfortunately, the style of the community is something that Oracle can control fairly easily.  The functionality depends on the base product, which is produced by Jive, so it relies on Jive (or whoever owns them now) to get around to fixing things or making the desired changes... and they've not got the best reputation for getting things changed quickly.

• 5. Re: Redwood is here!
                  BluShadow

Unfortunately, the style of the community is something that Oracle can control fairly easily.  The functionality depends on the base product, which is produced by Jive, so it relies on Jive (or whoever owns them now) to get around to fixing things or making the desired changes... and they've not got the best reputation for getting things changed quickly.

• 6. Re: Redwood is here!
                    James M. Finch-Oracle

And to add to that, this is a company mandated roll out to the company's chosen branding. It started back in September with the redesign of the sign in screen and will be rolling out on all of the Oracle web properties. The roll out has not hindered our ability to fix problems or to add functionality (as much as we can on the platform). We are indeed listening and fixing problems as we encounter them and if anyone is having problems accessing the site, with parts of the site, etc., they can be reported in this feedback area or directly to me and I'll pass on what I can to the engineers.

So the next part is up to you. This is a feedback area, don't like something, love something, want us to look into adding things? Please add them as ideas (Oracle Community Ideas) and we'll see what we can do to implement them.

Best,

Jim

• 7. Re: Redwood is here!
                      Dude!

Oracle Groundbreakers shows overlapping content on my end, using Firefox or Safari.

• 8. Re: Redwood is here!
                        James M. Finch-Oracle

Dude!, What's your screen resolution?

Best,

Jim

• 9. Re: Redwood is here!
                          Dude!

It's 1920x1200, but I'm not using full-screen. The problem is not the size of the browser window.

As you can see below, when using a smaller window, the 3 picture element does not adjust accordingly.

Using a larger window is not a feasible solution for me, since I want to work with multiple windows and also use the mouse, as usual, to click and switch between windows and applications.

• 10. Re: Redwood is here!
                            James M. Finch-Oracle

Thanks!

I've made a temporary fix to the page until I can send this up to ops in the morning.

Best,

Jim

• 11. Re: Redwood is here!
                              DubbsNix

Accept on Fridays no?

cheers,

Dave