5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2020 3:15 PM by Jeff Singer-Oracle

Default values for Query parameters - Unifier Custom Report

Hi Experts,

i am working on BIP integrated Custom report in Unifier. there are number of parameters (Query parameters) added to this report.

During report execution User explicitly needs to select any values else null is being passed.

I need to set default value to these parameters. i have checked from Unifier side an there is no such options available.

Any suggestion/guidance.

Regards,

Zee

• 1. Re: Default values for Query parameters - Unifier Custom Report
          Jeff Singer-Oracle

Hi Zee!

I don't believe you can specify default values for the Query Tab (but you can for the Parameters Tab). Can you give more details on what you're trying to do? Without the query value defined, it should return more results, ie. not filtered... no?

Jeff

• 2. Re: Default values for Query parameters - Unifier Custom Report

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for responding.

Actually my data view is taking too long to return the result set. i have some Filter fields (defined under Query Tab) that are taking longer when passed as null. i am advised to set default values for these params so it will help in fast execution (in short i need to filter my data set).

As we cant set default value in Query tab i tried using Parameter tab. the issue is i can pass single value.Unifier_Parameters.PNG

i need to set multiple values,

exid=0,1

ttid=0,1,2

Any suggestions??

i even tried setting up parameters values directly in Data Model through Xmlpserver,  it does work but when i republish my report in unifier all the changes gets disappeared.

BIP_Parameters.PNG

Regards,

Zee

• 3. Re: Default values for Query parameters - Unifier Custom Report
              Sdillibabu

Hi Zeenat,

Are the filter fields that are currently take a long time to run referencing the main data view, a data definition or an ad-hoc list?

If it references the main data view, you can instead try writing a simple data view that directly fetches the list of values needed for the filter and use it in the query parameter.

Regards,

Sumithra

• 4. Re: Default values for Query parameters - Unifier Custom Report

Hi Sumithra,

Filter fields are referencing a data definition.

there is no issue when user makes filter selection. report takes longer only when user doesn't apply filters for exit and ttid fields.

hence i am trying to set default values for these filter fields (parameter fields).

hope it clarifies my requirement.

Regards,

Zeenat

• 5. Re: Default values for Query parameters - Unifier Custom Report
                  Jeff Singer-Oracle

Just to clarify - the Query tab will filter the results that are sent to the presentation layer (think of it as filtering the DB rows or XML results). The Parameters tab is just passed through to the presentation layer so you can do your own filtering in the RTF template. You'll need to build your own logic into the RTF template to use the parameter value that is passed thru as a filter.

Sounds like you have a huge data set, so the parameters tab isn't a huge help - you'll want to use the Query tab.

Unfortunately, I don't have a great suggestion. Maybe have 2 versions of the report - one with the filter, which most users would run, and a copy without the filter - which is slower but would be run less frequently?

Jeff