3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2020 5:13 PM by 3290535

Team Member Application displays duplicate activities

Team Member Application is duplicating the same activity one with primary resource assigned and one without. I verified task and taskx tables and I dont see any duplicate values. This does not happen on all the projects but only on few.

What are all the different places i need to be checking in order to find the root cause of this problem.

• 1. Re: Team Member Application displays duplicate activities
          EMay cdp-inc.com

Check the project preferences for Team Member.  The user who is logged into Team Member seeing duplicate activities is setup to update both the activity and the assignment.  I have highlighted the options in the screen shot below.  From what you describe, I suspect both boxes are checked.  Decide if you want the user to update the assignment or activity and then uncheck one of the boxes.

This screen shot shows the user is updating the activity.  In my case, there is one assignment per activity.  The primary resource is updating the activity entering the time spent (actual labor units) and time left (remaining labor units) by statusing the activity.  For your case, how many assignments exist per activity?

• 2. Re: Team Member Application displays duplicate activities

Emay:

Thank you for your response. I looked the project preferences before posting the query and they match with your screenshot.

However, upon looking into all the schedules .. it looks like a copy of a schedule in a Sandbox node with 'Active' project status may be reason for duplication.I am running some tests and i will provide an update shortly.

Appreciate your time and help.

• 3. Re: Team Member Application displays duplicate activities

The issue is due to a copy of schedule in with ‘Active’ status was causing the duplicates. After changing the status to ‘inactive’, duplicates disappeared from the primary resources tm profile. Appreciate your time and help.