6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2020 6:47 PM by Dude!

Cannot access community questions

When I follow a link for Google to a community.oracle.com response to an enquiry or issue I'm having problems with, it prompts me for a company support identifier.

After I have supplied this , nothing happens and as yet I've never been able to see the page I'm searching for.

Extremely disheartened by this process.

• 1. Re: Cannot access community questions
          Timo Hahn

You are asked to give a company support identifier when you try to access a post in the MOS (MyOracleSupport) Community. To access this kind of posts you need a valid support contract with Oracle. Once you have one, you'll get the company support identifier.

If you don't have such a contract, then you can't access the post.

Timo

• 2. Re: Cannot access community questions
            L. Fernigrini

Those are probably links to the MOSC (My Oracle Support Community) section of the community.

Those spaces are only available to users associated to a valid CSI (Customer Support Identifier) that are paying any of the support contract options.

The  Oracle Groundbreakers  sections of the forum are all free to use.

• 3. Re: Cannot access community questions

My company has a support contract option and I've supplied the CSI, however, this just appears to disappear into a black hole and no-one from my company receives an email to confirm that I can be linked to the account.

• 4. Re: Cannot access community questions
                BluShadow

Your company should have someone who is your support administrator, and it's their responsibility to set you up against your company CSI.

• 5. Re: Cannot access community questions
                  L. Fernigrini

As BluShadow mentioned, if your company has a valid contract with a CSI then it has an Administrator that can associate your Oracle account  with that CSI, and then you should be able to correctly navigate on the MOSC spaces.

• 6. Re: Cannot access community questions
                    Dude!

I suggest to be generally reluctant to follow URL's that link to paid information. Never enter account credentials unless you are 100 % sure you are connected to the right site, and not subject to Phishing.

My company has a support contract option and I've supplied the CSI, however, this just appears to disappear into a black hole and no-one from my company receives an email to confirm that I can be linked to the account.

Where do you need to supply your CSI? You don't. Your login is either linked to a CSI by Oracle, or privileges can be be granted by the "admin" who manages the Oracle MOS account.

Anyway, no one here can solve your CSI problems. You need to contact Oracle support or your Oracle admin - not the public feedback of the Groundbreakers community.