1 2 3 Previous Next 32 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2020 6:31 AM by Dude!

display error when install form in linux

Tony007

hi am geting this error in linux

java -Djava.io.tmpdir=/tmp -jar fmw_12.2.1.4.0_infrastructure.jar

Launcher log file is /tmp/OraInstall2020-03-02_06-32-07AM/launcher2020-03-02_06-32-07AM.log.

Extracting the installer . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done

Checking if CPU speed is above 300 MHz.   Actual 2712.002 MHz    Passed

Checking monitor: must be configured to display at least 256 colors.  DISPLAY environment variable not set.    Failed <<<<

Checking swap space: must be greater than 512 MB.   Actual 8191 MB    Passed

Checking if this platform requires a 64-bit JVM.   Actual 64    Passed (64-bit not required)

Checking temp space: must be greater than 300 MB.   Actual 4490 MB    Passed

Some system prerequisite checks failed.

You must fulfill these requirements before continuing.

i try

export DISPLAY=192.168.8.123:0.0

[username@hostname media]$ xclock

bash: xclock: command not found

[username@hostname media]$ xclock

bash: xclock: command not found

• 1. Re: display error when install form in linux
          Nik

Hi.

It's look like You not install GUI on server.

1. example how install GUI:  http://www.bigdatalyn.com/2018/02/01/Oracle_Linux7_GUI/

2. Login  at GUI mode on console and start installation.

• 2. Re: display error when install form in linux
            Tony007

i dont what to install gui i just what to have display during installation

• 3. Re: display error when install form in linux
              Dude!

Are you working with a remote session or local console? If you are using the local console then you need to install X Window. You have primarily two options for GUI access over a remote connection: X11 forwarding or VNC. However, You appear to be struggling to install the system for weeks, and keep posting the same problem again.

For example:

am not geting gui in my vm after installation and no internat

configure internet and gui

May I suggest you follow-up on your previous posts, before starting a new thread and avoid discussing the same topics and problems again and again. It's OK to keep asking Google, but please keep in mind that you are dealing with people here. It gets tedious to explain the same to the same user over and over again.

I'm hesitating at this point to give you further info until you have accomplished a reasonable system installation, including remote SSH access. The later will be necessary for you to accomplish a GUI via remote access. There are several posts related to VNC and X11 forwarding in the Oracle Linux and General Linux forum, including instructions. Please search these forums first.

Btw, how did you fix the /tmp problem you reported recently?

• 4. Re: display error when install form in linux
                EdStevens

Tony007 wrote:

i dont what to install gui i just what to have display during installation

1) install xming on your local workstation.

2) start xming on your local workstation

3) start an ssh session to the linux machine on which you want to install Forms.  Either

3a) start the ssh session with 'x-11 port forwarding', or

3b) export DISPLAY, as shown earlier

4) launch your installer

The installer is a GUI app, so it must have some place to direct the GUI interface.  That does not mean that you have to have full GUI support installed on the server.

Regarding x11 port forwarding, this will depend on what you are using for your ssh client.  If it is native 'ssh', you invoke port forwarding when you start the client with the -X flag:

c:> ssh -X myvmserver

I usually use PuTTY as my client, and there I can pre-define connections to various servers.  With each connection definition, I set the x-11 port forwarding as a property of the connection.

Instead of Putty and Xming, others will advocate for MobaXterm.  I've never used it, but from my understanding it includes both the ssh client and the x-server (as provided by Xming) all in one unified package.

• 5. Re: display error when install form in linux
                  Dude!

Sorry to intercept, but you should not export the DISPLAY variable when using X11 forwarding - chances are you get it wrong. SSH with X forwarding automatically sets the DISPLAY variable accordingly. X11 forwarding, btw, is using xauth authentication and not relying on xhost.

For example:

[root@vm707 ~]# yum install xauth

Saturn:~ bb$ ssh -X oracle@10.0.70.7

oracle@10.0.70.7's password:

Last login: Mon Mar  2 13:05:43 2020 from 10.0.0.1

[oracle@vm707 ~]$ echo $DISPLAY

localhost:10.0

I'm on a MacOS platform which provides a seamless integration of arguably the best terminal app in existence and XQuartz or Xorg, making it most convenient to use SSH with X11 forwarding.

I think I was the first here in the Oracle Linux forum to suggest MobaXterm to Windows users about 10 years ago, but meanwhile I think the product tries too much to be a Swiss army knife, and has a user interface that has become complex and not the most intuitive. It's also not really a free product.

Usually I use X11 forwarding when I work on the same computer that hosts the virtual machine. But I prefer to use VNC when using a remote computer, because I can interrupt the session and continue lfrom another computer. Setting up VNC under release 7 or 8 has unfortunately become more complex since known tools, like twm or xterm are no longer available and/or not working properly anymore, and systemd adds another hurdle.

FWIW: VNCpilot - Simple And Secure Remote Access

• 6. Re: display error when install form in linux
                    EdStevens

Dude! wrote:

Sorry to intercept, but you should not export the DISPLAY variable when using X11 forwarding - chances are you get it wrong. SSH with X forwarding automatically sets the DISPLAY variable accordingly. X11 forwarding, btw, is using xauth authentication and not relying on xhost.

Not a problem.  you are correct.  I meant items 3a and 3b to be an 'either one or the other', but on review, see how that was not clear.

• 7. Re: display error when install form in linux
                      Can Sayın

If didnt work after you export with your ip address, Try this one,

export DISPLAY=:0

xhost +

• 8. Re: display error when install form in linux
                        Dude!

You require X server and X term for this to work. It doesn't apply to what the OP is trying to accomplish.

• 9. Re: display error when install form in linux
                          Tony007

i do have X SERVER

also did

yum install xorg-x11-apps

Loaded plugins: ulninfo

Resolving Dependencies

--> Running transaction check

---> Package xorg-x11-apps.x86_64 0:7.7-7.el7 will be installed

--> Processing Dependency: libxkbfile.so.1()(64bit) for package: xorg-x11-apps-7.7-7.el7.x86_64

--> Processing Dependency: libXaw.so.7()(64bit) for package: xorg-x11-apps-7.7-7.el7.x86_64

--> Processing Dependency: libfontenc.so.1()(64bit) for package: xorg-x11-apps-7.7-7.el7.x86_64

---> Package libXaw.x86_64 0:1.0.13-4.el7 will be installed

--> Processing Dependency: libXpm.so.4()(64bit) for package: libXaw-1.0.13-4.el7.x86_64

---> Package libfontenc.x86_64 0:1.1.3-3.el7 will be installed

---> Package libxkbfile.x86_64 0:1.0.9-3.el7 will be installed

---> Package libXpm.x86_64 0:3.5.12-1.el7 will be installed

--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

=========================================================================================================================================

Package                            Arch                        Version                            Repository                       Size

=========================================================================================================================================

Installing:

xorg-x11-apps                      x86_64                      7.7-7.el7                          ol7_latest                      307 k

Installing for dependencies:

libXaw                             x86_64                      1.0.13-4.el7                       ol7_latest                      191 k

libXpm                             x86_64                      3.5.12-1.el7                       ol7_latest                       55 k

libfontenc                         x86_64                      1.1.3-3.el7                        ol7_latest                       30 k

libxkbfile                         x86_64                      1.0.9-3.el7                        ol7_latest                       82 k

Transaction Summary

Install  1 Package (+4 Dependent packages)

Total download size: 665 k

Installed size: 1.6 M

Is this ok [y/d/N]: y

Downloading packages:

(1/5): libXpm-3.5.12-1.el7.x86_64.rpm                                                                             |  55 kB  00:00:02

(2/5): libfontenc-1.1.3-3.el7.x86_64.rpm                                                                          |  30 kB  00:00:00

(3/5): libXaw-1.0.13-4.el7.x86_64.rpm                                                                             | 191 kB  00:00:03

(4/5): libxkbfile-1.0.9-3.el7.x86_64.rpm                                                                          |  82 kB  00:00:00

(5/5): xorg-x11-apps-7.7-7.el7.x86_64.rpm                                                                         | 307 kB  00:00:02

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total                                                                                                    121 kB/s | 665 kB  00:00:05

Running transaction check

Running transaction test

Transaction test succeeded

Running transaction

Installing : libxkbfile-1.0.9-3.el7.x86_64                                                                                         1/5

Installing : libXpm-3.5.12-1.el7.x86_64                                                                                            2/5

Installing : libXaw-1.0.13-4.el7.x86_64                                                                                            3/5

Installing : libfontenc-1.1.3-3.el7.x86_64                                                                                         4/5

Installing : xorg-x11-apps-7.7-7.el7.x86_64                                                                                        5/5

Verifying  : libXaw-1.0.13-4.el7.x86_64                                                                                            1/5

Verifying  : libfontenc-1.1.3-3.el7.x86_64                                                                                         2/5

Verifying  : libXpm-3.5.12-1.el7.x86_64                                                                                            3/5

Verifying  : libxkbfile-1.0.9-3.el7.x86_64                                                                                         4/5

Verifying  : xorg-x11-apps-7.7-7.el7.x86_64                                                                                        5/5

Installed:

xorg-x11-apps.x86_64 0:7.7-7.el7

Dependency Installed:

libXaw.x86_64 0:1.0.13-4.el7    libXpm.x86_64 0:3.5.12-1.el7    libfontenc.x86_64 0:1.1.3-3.el7    libxkbfile.x86_64 0:1.0.9-3.el7

Complete!

[root@houdini media]# xclock

Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion

• 10. Re: display error when install form in linux
                            EdStevens

Tony007 wrote:

i do have X SERVER

XSERVER.PNG

You also need to have an x-server program running on your workstation, as I mentioned in msg #4.  The export of DISPLAY tells where to send the GUI (x-11) output, but then you have to have the appropriate process at that target to receive and handle the GUI.

BTW, I haven't used the 'export DISPLAY in years.  I just always enable x-11 forwarding on my ssh connections.  Also as I described in msg #4.

• 11. Re: display error when install form in linux
                              Dude!

You do not want to install X Server on your Linux box. You also do not need to install X Server on your PC or whatever you are using. You should also forget about exporting the DISPLAY variable or using xhost which does not apply. Your best options will be Mobaxterm or VNC and if you read previous responses you find all the info necessary. But first, you need to be able to establish a SSH session to your Linux server.

• 12. Re: display error when install form in linux
                                Tony007

i do have xserver

xserver44.jpg

• 13. Re: display error when install form in linux
                                  Dude!

You have apparently MobaXterm which ships with a built-in X Window server. OK, so yo have established a SSH session to your Linux server. What is the purpose of establishing another SSH session from the remote machine to the remote machine?

If you can use MobaXterm to create a session on your LInux server, that' good. Now you only need to make sure you configured your MobaXterm session to use X11 forwarding and you should be able to display a remote X app on your PC display.

• 14. Re: display error when install form in linux
                                    Nik

Hi.

From You posr is not clear  what X-server You install an how. So  it's impossible  provide any solution.

X-server- should be installed on system - which display will be used  for ouput.

You should select what main question for You.

In case You need install Oracle Forms - more easy at this moment install GUI at linux.  It wiil also regired in case You have plan use VNC.

More easy study anything - in case it's work. Move from more easy to more difficult...

1 2 3 Previous Next