2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2020 2:41 PM by Hesipesi

WARNING in PDB_PLUG_IN_VIOLATIONS

Hesipesi

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my 12.1 database to oracle 19 and then have converted it to be a CDB/PDB database.

After I have plugged in the non-CDB oracle 19 to the CDB oracle 19 database, I can see these warnings in my database.

During the conversion processes (from standalone 19c to CDB 19c i haven't had even one ERROR , just these warnings)

My quesrions are:

1. Do I really need to these warnings serously?

2. Are they gonna cause problems in future?

3. Is there a view or data dictionery which I can query regarding these warings? :

I have used these 2 queries but there is not much info there, ( which relates to these database option problems?

select CON_ID, COMP_ID, comp_name, schema, status, version from CDB_REGISTRY order by 1,2;

select con_id, owner, object_type, object_name, status from CDB_OBJECTS where status='INVALID' order by 1,2,3;

4. I used the instruction here

(https://mikedietrichde.com/2017/08/02/oracle-olap-xoq-aps-amd-clean-oracle-database-11-2-12-2/ )

to remove the APS option but even after that it's still in the PENSING status.

5. Any recommandations or suggestion regarding these warnings is highly appreciated.

3 TEST_1     WARNING   Database option APS mismatch: PDB installed version NULL. CDB installed version 19.0.0.0.0.                OPTION          10-MAR-20 01.46.33.728728 PM             PENDING   Fix the database option in the PDB or the CDB

3 TEST_1     WARNING   Database option CONTEXT mismatch: PDB installed version NULL. CDB installed version 19.0.0.0.0.      OPTION          10-MAR-20 01.46.33.729161 PM             PENDING   Fix the database option in the PDB or the CDB

3 TEST_1     WARNING   Database option DV mismatch: PDB installed version NULL. CDB installed version 19.0.0.0.0.                  OPTION          10-MAR-20 01.46.33.729562 PM             PENDING   Fix the database option in the PDB or the CDB

3 TEST_1     WARNING   Database option OLS mismatch: PDB installed version NULL. CDB installed version 19.0.0.0.0.                OPTION          10-MAR-20 01.46.33.729930 PM             PENDING   Fix the database option in the PDB or the CDB

3 TEST_1     WARNING   Database option ORDIM mismatch: PDB installed version NULL. CDB installed version 19.0.0.0.0.           OPTION          10-MAR-20 01.46.33.730278 PM             PENDING   Fix the database option in the PDB or the CDB

3 TEST_1     WARNING   Database option OWM mismatch: PDB installed version NULL. CDB installed version 19.0.0.0.0.              OPTION          10-MAR-20 01.46.33.730619 PM             PENDING   Fix the database option in the PDB or the CDB

3 TEST_1     WARNING   Database option SDO mismatch: PDB installed version NULL. CDB installed version 19.0.0.0.0.               OPTION          10-MAR-20 01.46.33.730983 PM             PENDING   Fix the database option in the PDB or the CDB

Thanks

/Hesi

• 1. Re: WARNING in PDB_PLUG_IN_VIOLATIONS
          dohdatabase-Oracle

Hi Hesi,

1) You should take them serious in terms of understanding the issue and make the right decision for your database.

2) No. Having fewer components in a PDB is a supported configuration.

3) What do you want to find out? Generally, CDB/DBA_REGISTRY is the view to use.

4) Did you restart the PDB (or possible even the entire CDB) after it was done? If I recall correctly the plugin violations are checked at start-up time. If that doesn't help please ensure that you followed the procedure exactly as described. If the problem persists you have to open a SR.

5) You can leave them for now - it is a valid configuration. However, bear in mind that having components in the database that you don't use has some disadvantages; one being that database upgrades take longer time. If you are absolutely sure that you wont be needing the components in this CDB, I would personally remove them.

Regards,

Daniel

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: WARNING in PDB_PLUG_IN_VIOLATIONS
            Hesipesi

Hi,

1. I keep that in mind!

3. I just wanted to know the list of database options(components) which are installed in the CDB level.

4. No I didn't :-) Now I've done it and the one which i removed is also removed from the violation list. Thanks for that!

Thanks alot for the quick reply!

/Hesi