7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2020 4:01 PM by dohdatabase-Oracle

PDB$SEED ERROR Database option XOQ mismatch

Hesipesi

Hi,

I have converted my  non-CDC oracle 19 to CDB oracle19 and after i removed some options which I had a warning for , I got this error on on the CDB:

2 PDB$SEED        ERROR     Database option XOQ mismatch: PDB installed version 19.0.0.0.0. CDB installed version NULL.

Apparently, the my CDB has lost the XOQ  and I need to re-install it in the CDB.

Does anybodey know or have a link about how to install this option??

Thanks

/Hesi

• 1. Re: PDB$SEED ERROR Database option XOQ mismatch
          Dude!

What is non-CDC oracle 19? Do you mean non-CDB?

As far as I'm aware you cannot convert a non-CDB to CDB. It's a decision you have to make when creating the database. You can, however, plug-in a non-CDB (not container database) as a PDB (pluggable database).

• 2. Re: PDB$SEED ERROR Database option XOQ mismatch
            dohdatabase-Oracle

You should be able to re-install the component using:

$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catxoq.sql

Run it while connected to the CDB$ROOT.

Regards,

Daniel

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: PDB$SEED ERROR Database option XOQ mismatch
              Dude!

I have converted my  non-CDC oracle 19 to CDB oracle19 and after i removed some options which I had a warning for , I got this error on on the CDB:

2 PDB$SEED        ERROR     Database option XOQ mismatch: PDB installed version 19.0.0.0.0. CDB installed version NULL.

Could you please elaborate how you converted a non-CDB to a CDB database?

Or do you mean you migrated a non-CDB to a PDB?

• 4. Re: PDB$SEED ERROR Database option XOQ mismatch
                Hesipesi

Hi,

I don't have this catxoq.sql in my $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/ directory!

How do you think I should find it?!

I googled it and just found one link which was pointing to the sql code.

My DB version is 19.6

Thanks!

/Hesi

• 5. Re: PDB$SEED ERROR Database option XOQ mismatch
                  Hesipesi

Yeah! I upgraded an oracle 12.1 to oracle 19.6 and then plugged it in(migrated it) into a 19.6 CDB/PDB database.

• 6. Re: PDB$SEED ERROR Database option XOQ mismatch
                    Hesipesi

I can also add this info that even though I have this error

PDB$SEED        ERROR     Database option XOQ mismatch: PDB installed version 19.0.0.0.0. CDB installed version NULL.

when i execute this query:

lect con_id, name, type, message,CAUSE,time,status,ACTION from PDB_PLUG_IN_VIOLATIONS where status<>'RESOLVED' order by name,time;

BUT the XOQ option is not even listed in the list of the installed option in dba_registery:

Here is what I see:

SQL> SHOW CON_NAME

CON_NAME

------------------------------

CDB$ROOT

SQL> select comp_id, version, status from dba_registry ;

COMP_ID                        VERSION                        STATUS

------------------------------ ------------------------------ -----------

CATALOG                        19.0.0.0.0                     VALID

CATPROC                        19.0.0.0.0                     VALID

RAC                            19.0.0.0.0                     OPTION OFF

JAVAVM                         19.0.0.0.0                     VALID

XML                            19.0.0.0.0                     VALID

CATJAVA                        19.0.0.0.0                     VALID

XDB                            19.0.0.0.0                     VALID

OWM                            19.0.0.0.0                     VALID

OLS                            19.0.0.0.0                     VALID

DV                             19.0.0.0.0                     VALID

10 rows selected.

SQL> ALTER SESSION SET CONTAINER=TEST;

Session altered.

SQL> SHOW CON_NAME

CON_NAME

------------------------------

TEST

SQL> select comp_id, version, status from dba_registry ;

COMP_ID                        VERSION                        STATUS

------------------------------ ------------------------------ -----------

CATALOG                        19.0.0.0.0                     VALID

CATPROC                        19.0.0.0.0                     VALID

JAVAVM                         19.0.0.0.0                     VALID

CATJAVA                        19.0.0.0.0                     VALID

RAC                            19.0.0.0.0                     OPTION OFF

XML                            19.0.0.0.0                     VALID

XDB                            19.0.0.0.0                     VALID

7 rows selected.

so XOQ is not even listed in the list of installed option in my PDB (TEST)

Isn't this strange?

/Hesipesi

• 7. Re: PDB$SEED ERROR Database option XOQ mismatch
                      dohdatabase-Oracle

XOQ is part of OLAP. If you don't need it, I would suggest that you follow this procedure to uninstall OLAP in both PDB and CDB. Remember to restart the database afterwards to get the plugin violations refreshed.

1 person found this helpful