1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 15, 2020 1:14 AM by RotBlitz

What exactly transferred to name.com & what remained/remains with Dyn.com???

3554331f-fe47-4e39-85ae-ec277a0bbe09

I'm completely confused by the recent change!

I've been with Dyn.com since 2000 & have LOVED the service! I was gutted to hear they were changing & I got the name.com emails & "claimed" my domains, but I'm still getting an expiry notice from Dyn.com!

I have four domains, each listed in both Dyn.com and name.com.

In Name.com the Domains have their name servers pointing to dyn.com name servers. So, if I need to change a DNS record today, it looks like I do so via my Dyn.com account.

How do I change this so that I move completely away from Dyn.com & do everything in Name.com? Do I "transfer the domain"?? I remember reading somewhere recently about not being able to transfer within 60 days of expiry or something similar, two of my domains are due to expire (on Dyn.com) in March 2020 (days away) yet the "same" domains in Name.com don't expire until same time in 2021.

Also, when looking at the renewal on Dyn.com it appears to be renewing monthly rather than yearly - that's daft!

So, can someone please direct me in basic terms towards what I need to do to complete a full migration to Name.com?

Thanks in advance!

Paul