2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2020 1:37 PM by Michael.R.Taylor-Oracle

Password Policy help - locked out of numerous sites

esscue

I've sent 3 messages to support now with no response at all and i'm urgently needing some help from someone at Dyn.

We recently updated our dyndns pro from 60 to 90 hosts, but in doing so the (non tech) person who did it changed the dyn password, without understanding that would lock us out of all the remote endpoints we have.

I understand how to reset the password, but the new password policy is preventing me from doing so. I'd prefer not say why in an open forum. I've described it 3 times now in 2 separate tickets, none of which appear to ever have been read.

We have no way of visiting most of these endpoints, especially under this covid19 lockdown at the moment.

Can someone at Dyn please assist us.

thankyou.

• 1. Re: Password Policy help - locked out of numerous sites
          RotBlitz

Support cannot help either as you can see from the thread Remote access to DNS clients failed

You'll have to change all your update clients.  But you used the wrong service anyway for what you're doing.  DynDNS Pro is not supposed to be used in such a scenario.  It is for private use only, exactly because it has no multiple logins, separate for each hostname.

• 2. Re: Password Policy help - locked out of numerous sites
            Michael.R.Taylor-Oracle

Hi esscue,

If you can DM me or share here your ticket numbers I can follow up with support regarding them. I have added you as a friend, please accept so you can DM)

As Rotblitz shared Unfortunately once the password is changed from an older security protocol you must comply with the current for any future changes.  If you can remote connect to their networks you can update the clients that way. Also using the updater client key will allow you to set up the devices on each site without needing to use the account password so if it is changed in the future this would not happen. The updater client key also is only used on the devices not logging into the account via account.dyn.com (but it would act as the password to all devices).

Mike

Oracle + Dyn