2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2020 4:48 PM by Johnny B

Question on Mat View refresh

Johnny B

Hi all,

Have a materialized view defined as refresh fast on commit:

CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW mat_vw_name REFRESH FAST ON COMMIT WITH ROWID AS

Importing data to the table that is part of the mat view using SQL Loader. The query is taking a long time to process.

Do I need to perform anything after the bulk import is done? Is the mat view running after the bulk import?

Is there a way to see if any process is running in the background?

Thanks in advance.

Johnny

using: Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.2.0.1.0 - 64bit

• 1. Re: Question on Mat View refresh
          Tubby

Johnny B wrote:

Hi all,

Have a materialized view defined as refresh fast on commit:

CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW mat_vw_name REFRESH FAST ON COMMIT WITH ROWID AS

Importing data to the table that is part of the mat view using SQL Loader. The query is taking a long time to process.

Do I need to perform anything after the bulk import is done? Is the mat view running after the bulk import?

Is there a way to see if any process is running in the background?

Thanks in advance.

Johnny

using: Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.2.0.1.0 - 64bit

The materialized view based on the table you are loading will be updated as part of the transaction that is loading the base table. If you wanted to see what was going on you could query for the session doing the data load and watch what is being executed (v$ views, OEM, TOAD, etc will all allow you to view what the session is doing).

Cheers,

• 2. Re: Question on Mat View refresh
            Johnny B

Very weird, it was not showing locked items. Now it is working fine as it was before I incorporate the loader.

Thanks for your help.