1 2 Previous Next 14 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2020 5:23 PM by Dude!

NoScript XSS-Warning in this forum when using Tor (only)

andreml

Hi there,
      I really do hope this is not a stupid question.
      ...but I'm concerned with this question...

I'm a little rattled. Can I ignore that and just accept it? Or should I do something about it?
      And if yes, what shall I do?

Thank you in advance and best Regards

Andre

The subject:
      When using „Tor“ browser (and only then) and browsing this Forum.

There is this cookie thing as with any other browser:

However, with Tor even when I click “I accept all cookies”
      nevertheless on every page load I‘m getting this warning (three times in a row):

NoScript XSS-Warnung

NoScript erkannte einen möglichen Cross-Site Scripting Angriff
      (NoScript detected a possible cross-site scripting attack)

von https://1106306.fls.doubleclick.net nach https://adservice.google.com.

Verdächtige Daten:
      (Suspect data:)

(URL) https://adservice.google.com/ddm/fls/i/src=1106306;type=ubert0;cat=awarn0;u1=[PAGE NAME];u2=[SITE SECTION];u3=[USER TYPE];u4=[PRODUCT INTEREST];u5=[LOGGED IN STATUS];u6=[COMPANY];u7=[JOB TITLE];u8=[CITY];u9=[STATE];u10=[ZIP];u11=[USER ACTION];u12=[GLOBAL ID];u13=[COMPANY SIZE];u14=[VIDEO TITLE];u15=[CTA/LINK NAME];u16=[FILE DOWNLOADED];u17=[CURRENT PAGE URL];dc_lat=;dc_rdid=;tag_for_child_directed_treatment=;tfua=;npa=;ord=1;num=4604472775965.185;~oref=https://3573281.fls.doubleclick.net/

• 1. Re: NoScript XSS-Warning in this forum when using Tor (only)
          Dude!

Why are using the NSA/FBI network to access the Oracle community?

Can I ignore that and just accept it? Or should I do something about it?

Have you seen this before? It's probably a false positive. Can you do anything about it? Most likely not.

Why not using something more reasonable, such as a global VPN and a browser privacy extension, like Ghostery, for example? Tor, as I recall, is very slow, and primarily used for accessing the dark web and onion sites, which are often associated with illegal activity.

• 2. Re: NoScript XSS-Warning in this forum when using Tor (only)
            andreml

Hi Dude!

Well, it may sound strange but the reason is even strange too and kind of simple.

Usually I use FF for “regular” browsing.

However, I made the experience that when I open a new thread here (or response to an existing) then (almost every time) it’s the case that I cannot see these changes for a very long time.

Sometimes it’s helpful when I go forth the paging and back afterward. But that does not help every time.

So it often happens that I cannot see/find my own changes for some period of time (hours to a day).

And by the way: The same happend with this topic.

I closed my FF and was unable to find this topic when I opened FF again – only as I got the e-mail notification of your response and clicked the direct link inside the mail.

Honestly, in the meantime I really wondered if made something in between that made me forgot to save my entry.

That's really annoying.

However, I learned (by try and error) that when I use different browser that (in almost all such situations) I can overcome this, because with a different browser (and the same url) I’m able to see my former changes/entries. And yes, also in FF I have disables all that caching stuff (at least as far as I can manage it over settings)

That leads me from FF to IE, Edge, Opera, Vivaldi …. and in the end also to Tor.

No criminal mind behind that. Just and only pure desperation.

Well, that’s the story behind the story…

Tor in the end because it seems that it runs the calls over different servers and I thought it would that way bypass some cache servers that give me old stuff.

Maybe it's just a fairy tale, I don't know.
            And Yeah, I know Tor's bad reputation in the regards you mentioned and know what you mean.

I'll keep my jacket clean!

Anyway, thank you for your response (and hidden warning)

Best Regards

Andre

• 3. Re: NoScript XSS-Warning in this forum when using Tor (only)
              L. Fernigrini

You did not mention Chrome, works OK here for me 99% of the time

• 4. Re: NoScript XSS-Warning in this forum when using Tor (only)
                Dude!

However, I made the experience that when I open a new thread here (or response to an existing) then (almost every time) it’s the case that I cannot see these changes for a very long time.

Are you using a web proxy that needs to be kicked?

I don't cache or use any proxy that I'm aware of, but I've made a similar experience here several months ago, albeit with browsing a document that I was updating. It was a strange experience that also seemed depending on what computer I used in my network. I use FF too and tried many things, as well as using different browsers, but It seemed there was some annoying caching somewhere, recognizing my browser or network.

It's been a while but the problem might have been that I saved/archived the document/web page to my hard drive using FF and Safari. Once I deleted the saved data, I think the problem went away, but don't take my word for it.

• 5. Re: NoScript XSS-Warning in this forum when using Tor (only)
                  andreml

Yes, you are right. Mea culpa.
                  I noticed the same thing last night before I went to sleep. And I had a sleepless night because of it.
                  Of course I also use chrome - Even when they no longer say: Don't be:

Regard

Andre

• 6. Re: NoScript XSS-Warning in this forum when using Tor (only)
                    andreml

Hi Dude!

as far as I know: NO; no web proxy in use that needs to be kicked.

->

Well, exactly what I’m faced with.

->

No, I really take care that no such stuff gets stored on my local box – at least as far as I can control it.

Once again many thanks

and best Regards

Andre

• 7. Re: NoScript XSS-Warning in this forum when using Tor (only)
                      Dude!

I wasn't talking about cookies and browser caches. I too have all these nasty things deleted when I quit the browser. Like I mentioned, in my case I may  not have seen page updates because I saved/archived the web page, from the file menu - thus the browser may have used my local saved version instead of fetching the new data from the Internet. Though of course all of this could have been coincidence and I did not cross verify.

• 8. Re: NoScript XSS-Warning in this forum when using Tor (only)
                        Dude!

Btw, I just recall, I had this problem in Safari and started seeing the same behavior on another computer and installation using Firefox after deleting the cache and cookies. I actually keep local copies of the documents I post in Firefox and Safari. The initial problem was that I saw a different version of the document/web page depending on whether I was browsing while being logged in vs not being logged in with my community user account.

• 9. Re: NoScript XSS-Warning in this forum when using Tor (only)
                          andreml

Hi Dude!

You: I actually keep local copies of the documents I post in Firefox and Safari.

Maybe another stupid question: How do you do that?

If I safe postings (I do that not always) then in MS Word files; however, they are completely unrelated to what's in the web/browser.

I'm, a little confused ... could it be I might misunderstand you there?

Best Regards

Andre

• 10. Re: NoScript XSS-Warning in this forum when using Tor (only)
                            Dude!

It's possible and your issue might have a different cause. Anyway, it's a strange problem that seem related to browsing history, or cookies, or offline content.

I suggest to temporarily try the following to troubleshoot:

Enter about:config in the URL field of your FF browser.

Enter browser.cache.check_doc_frequency

Perhaps the value to 1 could help to solve the issue.

The default value is 3. Possible values are:

0 Check for a new version of a page once per session (a session starts when the first application window opens and ends when the last application window closes).

1 Check for a new version every time a page is loaded.

2 Never check for a new version - always load the page from cache.

3 Check for a new version when the page is out of date. (Default)

• 11. Re: NoScript XSS-Warning in this forum when using Tor (only)
                              andreml

Hi Dude!

Thank you very much for your help.

I just changed the value from default 3 to 0.

I will observe it and see if anything will happen.

Best Regards

Andre

• 12. Re: NoScript XSS-Warning in this forum when using Tor (only)
                                andreml

Nothing has changed after the changes...

Please see the difference:

1. Firefox: Shows that there are two responses, however when you go into the thread there is only one displayed.

2.Edge: Shows that there are two responses, however when you go into the thread there is realy two are displayed

Very strange... I think I will stop wondering now and keep on using Tor .

Regards

Andre

• 13. Re: NoScript XSS-Warning in this forum when using Tor (only)
                                  Dude!

Your screenshots are too tiny to make out any useful information. Are you shrinking these images prior to posting? Please post the original and drag the corner of the image after posting to resize the image online. That way, people can click on the posted image to expand and be able to read something.

Well, I suppose browser.cache.check_doc_frequency was worth trying. Too bad if it didn't help.

Very strange... I think I will stop wondering now and keep on using Tor .

Well, have fun. If you connect via TOR you are going to have different end-nodes, and you are most likely connecting to different web hosting servers depending on geographical region. Then again, how much can you trust any of the TOR end-nodes not to screw around? Also keep in mind that end nodes know who you are. There's most likely a great interest what people are doing with TOR. Why bother? It's slow and highly questionable. Most websites are encrypted anyway, so your are practically just hiding what sites you visit and who you are, and for such purpose there are more reasonable alternatives available.

• 14. Re: NoScript XSS-Warning in this forum when using Tor (only)
                                    andreml

Hi Dude!,

Well, I know the pics are very tiny.
                                    The only thing it should show is that the "detail" view is different; the one contains 1 response the other 2, even when the overview shows the same number of response (2).

And regarding Tor: Well just kidding. - I thought the emoji indicated that clearly enough.... I'll try it again right away

Thanks and best Regards

Andre

1 2 Previous Next