To answer your questions:
- Yes, anything's possible. Not trying to be funny but IF you put your mind to it, yes as both of my certifications I received were purely from self-preparation, without taking any of Oracle University's exam classes (which are very expensive). So the goal was to study on my own "free". And I passed on my first try. Not 100% but more than the minimum required to pass.
- Matthew Morris has a link on his website for each exam that he also has a book on, gives you PLENTY of materials to study for, for each exam. I've provided the link below. I've bought both of his books and these should be studied from as the last things to read before taking the exam. He also has practice exams that mimic Oracle's format and timing. He worked at Oracle and though not an authorized exam, he knows to put questions that Oracle approves. It is the only non-Oracle certified vendor that IS NOT A BRAIN DUMP. It is safe to study from his practice exams.
- This question cannot be answered simply because everyone studies differently. I can tell you this, that I "learned" how to study/learn better after my 1st certification (OCE-SQL - 1Z0-047), which prepared me for my 2nd certification (OCA-PL/SQL - 1Z0-144). The key is to study "smarter", not necessarily longer. For me, both exams, I studied for 4 months (1hr after work on weeknights) and then a couple of hours per day on the weekends. The first thing you MUST read is
- The Oracle SQL Language documentation --> https://www.oracle.com/database/technologies/appdev/sql.html
- The Oracle SQL Reference documentation --> https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/SQLRF/toc.htm
- then read whatever links/books Matthew has on his list. As you can see there's a lot. Plan on studying for at least 3 months (unless you don't work and can study during the week).
Hope this helps and good luck.
ANIK KHAN wrote:
I went through couple of topics in UDEMY and I felt it wouldn't that difficult to learn.
Oh I just read the quoted line above...I looked into this website, and they are similar to "uCertify". I gave my review about uCertify in my post about passing OCA-PL/SQL certification exam 1Z0-144.
Read it here --> Exam 1Z0-144 (11g Program with PL/SQL) - My Review
In that post I give my rankings on the study sites I used and I gave "uCertify" a bad review. They were horrible (questions that technically were incorrect). Answers that were incorrect based on the question given (and proven as I've written to them to point the actual Oracle errors). Now with that said, they were NOT a brain dump site. Though I do have to say that by catching these errors in content, questions and answers, it actually prepared me ironically. But like I said I would never go back to them because of bad content. I feel the same just by scanning Udemy's website. I'd stick with Oracle's official practice exam site.
UPDATED: From my old post years ago, I see now that Transcender which was bought out by Kaplan, and became Kaplan IT Training is now CyberVista --> https://certify.cybervista.net/vendor/oracle/
But I would first start here at the source...Oracle! --> https://education.oracle.com/certification-practice-exams