4 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2020 1:12 AM by 4071240

Fast formula - Absence Entry Validation

Hi Experts,

According to the client policy, employees are entitled to 3 days marriage leave per employment, the leave could be taken separately 6 months before/on/after date of registration of marriage.

I have created an entry validation formula to check the number of days that have been taken upon absence request submission, if the total taken is more than 3 days, error message will be shown and employees are not able to apply for marriage leave as the entitlement has been used up.

While I found that the no. of day taken of the employee could not be retrieved properly, please refer to the attached file for the created fast formula, I have tried to return the no. of day instead of the error message to further check the problems, it return 51 days which is far more than records that I checked for that employee (7 days). And the validation could not be done.

Would you please advise if there are any problem on the fast formula, thank you.

• 1. Re: Fast formula - Absence Entry Validation
          AshishHCM

You probably are doing something wrong.

You should be able to find number of absence taken in a specified period.

Please refer below link (It has a pdf which has many FF Examples):

Sample Fast Formulas ( Fusion HCM Release 9.2 : Absence Management)

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards

Ashish

• 2. Re: Fast formula - Absence Entry Validation

Hi Ashish,

Thank you so much, in fact, I took reference for your attached doc to create this fast formula, but still having problem to get the correct number day. I have try to modify the formula in different ways but still cannot get the correct no. of day, would you please help to have a look below to check where is the problem, many thanks!

CHANGE_CONTEXTS(START_DATE=ld_start_date, END_DATE=ld_marriage_end_date)

(

i=ANC_PER_ABS_ENTRS_ABSENCE_ENTRY_ID_ARR.FIRST(-1)

WHILE ANC_PER_ABS_ENTRS_ABSENCE_ENTRY_ID_ARR.exists(i)

LOOP

(

CHANGE_CONTEXTS(ABSENCE_ENTRY_ID=ANC_PER_ABS_ENTRS_ABSENCE_ENTRY_ID_ARR[i])

(

if((l_absence_type_id=ANC_ABS_ENTRS_ABSENCE_TYPE_ID) AND (ANC_ABS_ENTRS_ABSENCE_STATUS_CD <> 'ORA_WITHDRAWN'))

then

(

l_days_duration = ANC_ABS_ENTRS_DURATION

)

l_days = l_days_duration + l_days

)

i= ANC_PER_ABS_ENTRS_ABSENCE_ENTRY_ID_ARR.NEXT(I,-1)

)

l_total_days = l_days + l_new_duration

if(l_total_days > 3 )

then

(valid='N'

ERROR_MESSAGE = 'The leave entitlement has been used up as employee are entitlement to the leave per employment'

RETURN VALID, ERROR_MESSAGE

Best regards,

Cecilia

• 3. Re: Fast formula - Absence Entry Validation
              AshishHCM

Hi Cecilia,

Can you add some log statements to find out what is the value returned for l_total_days and l_days

Kind Regards

Ashish

• 4. Re: Fast formula - Absence Entry Validation

Hi Ashish,

I have tried to return the value for l_total_days and l_days when apply a 2 days absence,

l_total_days: 52

l_days: 50

And I have checked that there are only 7 days absence records with the specified absence type with status <> withdrawn. Please advise, thank you very much!

Best regards,

Cecilia