18c XE Windows uses Virtual Accounts for the services. Maybe something went wrong there.
1) What is the OS complete version?
2) Please provide the command line you used to do the silent install.
3) What user was used to run the XE silent install.
1. Windows 10 Version 1909 (Build 18363.778)
2. C:\cd\OracleXE18c_Win64\Setup.exe /s /v"RSP_FILE=C:\cd\Response\XEInstall.rsp" /v"/L*v c:\ora_logs\\setup_ico.log" /v"/qn" for XE
C:\cd\NT_180000_client\client32\Setup.exe -silent -nowait -noconsole -waitforcompletion -responseFile "C:\cd\Response\client_install.rsp" for 32bit Client
3. The Username is ICO and he is am member of Administrators (in german Administratoren)
I can send you the response-files, if needed.
Thank you for helping
If i install the client first and then the database. All works fine too. But this is not practical.