1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 28, 2020 8:45 AM by Gianni Ceresa

Import metadata is taking lot of time

Sangeeta Pandey

Hello All,

Import metadata is taking lot of time and even selecting and transferring objects to physical layer is taking a great amount of time. I selected only 5 tables and waiting for last 1.5 hours to get it transferred. My DB server and OBIEE server is located on same machine. Is it that much slow or some issue which I can recify?

Thanks,

Sangeeta

• 1. Re: Import metadata is taking lot of time
          Gianni Ceresa

Sangeeta Pandey wrote:

transferring objects to physical layer is taking a great amount of time. I selected only 5 tables and waiting for last 1.5 hours to get it transferred.

Nothing is being transferred!

The menu is called "import metadata", not "import data" or "transfer data". Only metadata is collected, nothing is transferred. Tables names, column names, columns types, columns properties (null or not) and, based on your selection, primary/foreign keys and indexes.

Only metadata!

An import metadata taking 1h30 for 5 tables doesn't sound right, but impossible to say more as there are many options and every system is different than another.

The job is done by the host where you admintool is running, therefore doesn't really matter if the DB is on the same host than OBIEE: if your admintool is running somewhere else with extremely slow or laggish network, it will be slow.

Import metadata isn't mandatory, you can also create objects by hand. If you have only 5 tables you will be done manually in a lot less than 1h30...

1 person found this helpful