13 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2020 4:29 AM by shahid_patel

interactive report set default view as detail

shahid_patel

Hi,

I need to show the interactive report default view as detail. i am not using the search bar its already hidden.

instead of tabular view of interactive report i am showing data with many html tags.

please guide me how can i do this. i tried javascript and jquery but it was not worked.

• 1. Re: interactive report set default view as detail
          Marco Foxx

Can you create a sample demo of requirements on apex.oracle.com and share credentials. Any one can have a look and will tell you what needs to be done.

• 2. Re: interactive report set default view as detail
            shahid_patel

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

please find the application access details below

user/pass is urshahid@hotmail.com/Grate12#

applicaton: newsha 66573

page 7 - ireport

when user open it shows default view as grids then i need to click detail view to view (detail view designed with html tags). I need to show this always instead of default/gird view.

application/page open first time showed this view

DeptnoDnameLoc
            10ACCOUNTINGNEW YORK
            20RESEARCHDALLAS
            30SALESCHICAGO
            40OPERATIONSBOSTON

instead of that it shud show detailed view always (i will add more columns/images later here)

10ACCOUNTING
            20RESEARCH
            30SALES
            40OPERATIONS

thanks

• 3. Re: interactive report set default view as detail
              fac586

shahid_patel wrote:

I need to show the interactive report default view as detail. i am not using the search bar its already hidden.

instead of tabular view of interactive report i am showing data with many html tags.

please guide me how can i do this. i tried javascript and jquery but it was not worked.

Why are you using an interactive report at all? Sounds more like a use case for a classic report with a custom row template.

• 4. Re: interactive report set default view as detail
                shahid_patel

Hi,

the reason to use that my report has very complicated html tags(images, icons, other html tags etc) which i use to match with existing system report.

I have done all that but now stuck due to this problem.

thanks for your support

• 5. Re: interactive report set default view as detail
                  fac586

shahid_patel wrote:

the reason to use that my report has very complicated html tags(images, icons, other html tags etc) which i use to match with existing system report.

I have done all that but now stuck due to this problem.

All the more reason to use a custom report template that you have complete control over, instead of being dependent on undocumented interactive report mark-up that may be changed without notice in future APEX releases.

• 6. Re: interactive report set default view as detail
                    shahid_patel

thanks for your suggestion. i will re design that but for now i need to give it to user.

• 7. Re: interactive report set default view as detail
                      shahid_patel

Hi,

below is the example of the report/data need to show. Please guide me how can i fit this with reports template.

i have checked tutorials to copy and modify existing report templates but not able to fix/show data like below..:(

thanks

ID 1000001ref 2
                      IDN111
                      pic 1
                      pic 2pic 3
                             BLOB Image 1blob image 2blob image 3
                      sts codests code 2
                      pic sts
                      Failed
                      pic sts
                      No Matching
                      pic sts
                      date 1/4/2020V. id
                      details ali ahmed uaeRef 2
                      Ref no 1namem ali
                      Caller id 1name 2ma ali
                      site id 1Gender M
                      log date
                      1/4/2020live FRA
                      suport keyxx232bdate

• 8. Re: interactive report set default view as detail
                        fac586

shahid_patel wrote:

below is the example of the report/data need to show. Please guide me how can i fit this with reports template.

i have checked tutorials to copy and modify existing report templates but not able to fix/show data like below..:(

ID 1000001ref 2
                        IDN111
                        pic 1
                        pic 2pic 3
                        BLOB Image 1blob image 2blob image 3
                        sts codests code 2
                        pic sts
                        Failed
                        pic sts
                        No Matching
                        pic sts
                        date 1/4/2020V. id
                        details ali ahmed uaeRef 2
                        Ref no 1namem ali
                        Caller id 1name 2ma ali
                        site id 1Gender M
                        log date
                        1/4/2020live FRA
                        suport keyxx232bdate

The key thing here is to select From Scratch and Named Column (row template) when creating the report template. It's then simply a case of plugging your existing HTML and column substitution strings into the relevant template definitions.

Named column (aka row) report templates allow your data to be represented using any HTML structure and CSS presentation you want. This is how the built-in timeline, cards, and comments components are implemented. It can also be used to create complex, multi-level tabular reports and matrix/pivot reports.

See also:

1 person found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: interactive report set default view as detail
                          shahid_patel

hi thank u so much its really helpful.

just one question how can i show images/blob column into this.

for example just adding #photo# which is a blob column wouldn't be enough.

• 10. Re: interactive report set default view as detail
                            shahid_patel

Hi,

thanks for your support.

I have created the report but could not be able to show images. i have created a view to link multiple tables including photo/blob table.

the photo table has

id, seq, photo  (where id,seq is primary key) 3 rows/photos are there with each id, e.g ID=1, seq=1,2,3, photo= 1.jpg, 2.jpg,3.jpg

the main table has other info including id (1 row for each id)

id,name,salary etc

if i create a view after merging them i got 3 rows for each id , i need to show row with 3 photo , so i create view using decode

but each image item needs to set with table name , primary key and blob column <<< i set as table > photos , primary key > id, seq , blob column> photo

so there should be 1 primary key for each row in photo tables (is there any restrictions for data with blob)

always getting no data found error

• 11. Re: interactive report set default view as detail
                              shahid_patel

i wrote this query to control with single view so view will show 1 image, and inline query will show other image

select  a.id, dbms_lob.getlength(a.photo) photo, a.seq , nvl( (select dbms_lob.getlength(photo) photo1 from uaepass_bio_auth_log_photos b where a.id = b.id and b.seq=1 ),0) photo1

from uaepass_view a  << this view created with seq=3 condition

after the query i set the properties of image column eg. table name, primary key, blob column

but same image is showing in both columns, i tried to put other column instead of image column. like "seq "

seq is 1 bcz of inline query but why same image is showing

• 12. Re: interactive report set default view as detail
                                fac586

shahid_patel wrote:

I have created the report but could not be able to show images. i have created a view to link multiple tables including photo/blob table.

the photo table has

id, seq, photo (where id,seq is primary key) 3 rows/photos are there with each id, e.g ID=1, seq=1,2,3, photo= 1.jpg, 2.jpg,3.jpg

the main table has other info including id (1 row for each id)

id,name,salary etc

if i create a view after merging them i got 3 rows for each id , i need to show row with 3 photo , so i create view using decode

but each image item needs to set with table name , primary key and blob column <<< i set as table > photos , primary key > id, seq , blob column> photo

so there should be 1 primary key for each row in photo tables (is there any restrictions for data with blob)

always getting no data found error

The report query projection must include all of the primary key columns, and they must have the same column names/aliases as those used in the display column BLOB Attributes. That is not going to be possible using your data model.

Instead of using declarative BLOB support you will have to utilize one of the other methods of downloading image data:

1. The apex_util.get_blob_file_src API
                                2. A custom On-Demand Process
                                3. A RESTful web service
                                1 person found this helpful
                                • 13. Re: interactive report set default view as detail
                                  shahid_patel

thank you so much.. for your support. i have created a custom template and use the API (first link) to get the other images using inline SQL.