1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2006 1:29 PM by 551811

Template Builder Report Wizard: End tag does not match start tag 'group'

RJong
      When using the Report Wizard of the Desktop edition 5.6.2 I get the following error stack trace:

oracle.xml.parser.v2.XMLParseException: End tag does not match start tag 'group'.
           at oracle.xml.parser.v2.XMLError.flushErrors1(XMLError.java:205)
           at oracle.xml.parser.v2.XMLReader.popXMLReader(XMLReader.java:516)
           at oracle.xml.parser.v2.NonValidatingParser.parseElement(NonValidatingParser.java:1242)
           at oracle.xml.parser.v2.NonValidatingParser.parseRootElement(NonValidatingParser.java:301)
           at oracle.xml.parser.v2.NonValidatingParser.parseDocument(NonValidatingParser.java:268)
           at oracle.xml.parser.v2.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:227)
           at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.DataProcessor.getSQLSchema(DataProcessor.java:528)
           at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.DataProcessor.writeXMLSchema(DataProcessor.java:476)
           at CreateXDOReport.createXDOReport(CreateXDOReport.java:164)
           at CreateXDOReport.process(CreateXDOReport.java:108)
           at CreateXDOReport.main(CreateXDOReport.java:298)

What did I do wrong?

Regards,
      René

10/10/06 Update: Desktop version 5.5 was already installed. Removing both installations and a reinstall of 5.6.2 resolved the problem.

RJong
        • 1. Re: Template Builder Report Wizard: End tag does not match start tag 'group
          Hmm,
          Hi Rene,

can you please paste your xml here,
          your XMl is malformed,

<ROOT>
          <PERSON>
          <NAME>RENE</NAME>
          </PERSON>
          </OOT>

Note the END OF ROOT is missing and is misspelled as OOT,
          this makes the ERROR " End tag does not match start tag 'group'. "
          • 2. Re: Template Builder Report Wizard: End tag does not match start tag 'group
            RJong
            Thanks for helping me!
            I am using the Report Wizard within Word (Data menu), so I do not know where to find the XML.

What I did find out is that an older version was installed on the same workstation (Desktop 5.5). I removed both installations 5.5 and 5.6.2 and reinstalled 5.6.2 This resolved my problem.

It does work now!
            • 3. Re: Template Builder Report Wizard: End tag does not match start tag 'group
              I'm getting the same error, with version 5.6.2, and I don't have any prior versions running on my workstation:

oracle.xml.parser.v2.XMLParseException: End tag does not match start tag 'group'.
                   at oracle.xml.parser.v2.NonValidatingParser.parseElement(NonValidatingParser.java:1242)
                   at oracle.xml.parser.v2.NonValidatingParser.parseRootElement(NonValidatingParser.java:301)
                   at oracle.xml.parser.v2.NonValidatingParser.parseDocument(NonValidatingParser.java:268)
                   at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.DataProcessor.getSQLSchema(DataProcessor.java:528)
                   at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.DataProcessor.writeXMLSchema(DataProcessor.java:476)
              • 4. Re: Template Builder Report Wizard: End tag does not match start tag 'group
                RJong
                You could try to uninstall the program and then install it again.
                Maybe my old version was not the problem.
                • 5. Re: Template Builder Report Wizard: End tag does not match start tag 'group
                  Thanks for your quick reply!

It seems to have something to do with the sql stmt. I moved some of the lines around in the sql stmt and got it to load. This sql loads with no error:

select     PAP_RESULT_GROUP.SENDER as SENDER,
                  PAP_RESULT_FROM_ICDB_PT.PATIENT_NAME as PATIENT_NAME,
                  substr(PAP_RESULT_FROM_ICDB_PT.PATIENT_NAME, instr(PAP_RESULT_FROM_ICDB_PT.PATIENT_NAME, ',')+1)||' '||
                  substr(PAP_RESULT_FROM_ICDB_PT.PATIENT_NAME, 1, instr(PAP_RESULT_FROM_ICDB_PT.PATIENT_NAME, ',')-1 ) as PATIENT_NAME_Ms,
                  PAP_RESULT_FROM_ICDB_PT.PATIENT_STREET_1 PATIENT_STREET_1,
                  PAP_RESULT_FROM_ICDB_PT.PATIENT_STREET_2 PATIENT_STREET_2,
                  PAP_RESULT_FROM_ICDB_PT.PATIENT_CITY PATIENT_CITY,
                  PAP_RESULT_FROM_ICDB_PT.PATIENT_STATE PATIENT_STATE,
                  PAP_RESULT_FROM_ICDB_PT.PATIENT_ZIP_CODE PATIENT_ZIP_CODE,
                       TO_CHAR(PAP_RESULT_FROM_ICDB_PT.LAB_COLLECTION_DATETIME, 'DD Mon YYYY') as LAB_COLLECTION_DATETIME,
                       to_char(PAP_RESULT_FROM_ICDB_PT.PRINT_DATE, 'DD Mon YYYY') PRINT_DATE,
                       PAP_RESULT_GROUP.GROUP_NAME_DESCRIPTION1 as GROUP_NAME_DESCRIPTION1,
                       PAP_RESULT_GROUP.GROUP_NAME_DESCRIPTION2 as GROUP_NAME_DESCRIPTION2,
                       PAP_RESULT_GROUP.GROUP_RESULT_COMMENT1 as GROUP_RESULT_COMMENT1,
                       PAP_RESULT_GROUP.GROUP_RESULT_COMMENT2 as GROUP_RESULT_COMMENT2

from     DSS.PAP_RESULT_GROUP PAP_RESULT_GROUP,
                       DSS.PAP_RESULT_PRINT_LIST PAP_RESULT_PRINT_LIST ,
                       DSS.PAP_RESULT_FROM_ICDB_PT PAP_RESULT_FROM_ICDB_PT
                  where PAP_RESULT_PRINT_LIST.RESULT_GROUP=PAP_RESULT_GROUP.GROUP_NAME
                  and PAP_RESULT_PRINT_LIST.PATIENT_ID = PAP_RESULT_FROM_ICDB_PT.PATIENT_ID
                  AND TO_CHAR(PAP_RESULT_PRINT_LIST.LAB_RESULT_DATE, 'YYYYMMDD') = TO_CHAR(PAP_RESULT_FROM_ICDB_PT.LAB_RESULT_DATE, 'YYYYMMDD')

Moving the line "PAP_RESULT_GROUP.SENDER as SENDER" to the first line worked OK. Before, this line was right before the "from" statement causing the error to result. Now it's working OK in either place! Maybe there were some hidden characters in the sql window pane that get submitted as part of the sql stmt?
                  • 6. Re: Template Builder Report Wizard: End tag does not match start tag 'group
                    Hi;

I faced same problem but to get around that is in XML Builder try use "Load Report" instead of using "Report Wizard". When loading report look for report file type *.XDO.

HTH

Shaun S
                    • 7. Re: Template Builder Report Wizard: End tag does not match start tag 'group
                      Mark Nelson-Oracle
                      Hi,

I have a fresh install of XML Publisher Desktop 5.6.2 on a machine that has had no earlier versions, and I get the same problem!

I have tried moving parts of the query around to different lines, uninstalling and reinstalling, and also deleting the query and retyping it (to make sure there are no special characters).. but nothing works!!

Can anyone help?

here is the error:

Creating XDO Report at: Sat Oct 21 21:07:24 NZDT 2006
                           sql = select * from ttsdump
                           description = OPAS2
                           port = 1521
                           user = mark
                           host = localhost
                           sid = orcl
                           ReportParameters = {}
                           path = D:\XMLP\Reports\Marks Reports\OPAS2\OPAS2
                           data_source_name = markapex
                           name = OPAS2

and here is my .xdo file:

<?xml version = '1.0' encoding = 'utf-8'?>
                      <report version="1.1" xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/oxp/xmlp" defaultDataSourceRef="markapex">
                      <title>OPAS2</title>
                      <description>OPAS2</description>
                      <properties/>
                      <dataModel defaultDataSet="ttsdump">
                      <dataSet id="ttsdump">
                      <sql dataSourceRef="markapex">
                      <![CDATA[select * from ttsdump]]>
                      </sql>
                      </dataSet>
                      </dataModel>
                      <valueSets/>
                      <parameters/>
                      <templates default="layout1">
                      <template label="layout1" type="rtf"/>
                      </templates>
                      </report>

Thanks,
                      Mark Nelson
                      • 8. Re: Template Builder Report Wizard: End tag does not match start tag 'group
                        Mark;

Have you tried the option I mentioned in report builder (XMLP desktop)?
                        Open MS-WORD and clik on DATA then use "Load Report"
                        instead of using"Report Wizard".

When loading report look for report file type *.XDO.
                        Also, make sure your database connection and password are correct.

HTH

Shaun S
                        • 9. Re: Template Builder Report Wizard: End tag does not match start tag 'group
                          Mark Nelson-Oracle
                          Hi Shaun,

Yes I did, but it didn't make any difference.

Thanks!
                          Mark Nelson
                          • 10. Re: Template Builder Report Wizard: End tag does not match start tag 'group
                            Tim Dexter-Oracle
                            Hi Guys
                            To clarify the Data menu, you have the following:
                            Load XML File - expects a well formed XML document
                            Load XML Schema - expects an XML Schema
                            Load Report - expects a valid xdo file. This is the report definition for the XMLP Enterprise release and is not relevant to the EBS, PS or JDE flavors
                            Report Wizard - again relevant only to the Enterprise release. Helps you to build an xdo report definition file.

Can you try using your query and building the report definition using the web interface and see if the XML is generated correctly?
                            Regards, tim
                            • 11. Re: Template Builder Report Wizard: End tag does not match start tag 'group
                              Mark Nelson-Oracle
                              Hi Tim,

Thanks for the clarification. I am using XML Publisher 5.6.2 Enterprise & Desktop. There are no Oracle Applications involved in any way. The steps I took are as follows:

- log on to XML Publisher Enterprise through browser
                              - create a new report
                              - create a new data set using an SQL query. the 'test connection' was successful
                              - cerate a new template (name, all types)
                              - start up word
                              - select either load report or report wizard (both give the same error)
                              - provide the database details, etc. to get to the summary page
                              - click next
                              - here the error occurs.

I don't actually know if I am going about this the right way.
                              Some other info that may help. I am doing this on an Oracle OBI 6.0.2 machine with XP, Word 2000 with all current fixes installed. XML Publisher Enterprise is running on a 10.1.3 application server, and I am using Firefox to access it.

Thanks for your help!!
                              Mark Nelson
                              • 12. Re: Template Builder Report Wizard: End tag does not match start tag 'group
                                Mark;

I think is your Data source/schema issue.
                                is any table "ttsdump" in "ttsdump" schema?
                                based on your XDO file:

<dataSet id="ttsdump">
                                <sql dataSourceRef="markapex">
                                <![CDATA[select * from ttsdump]]>
                                </sql>

if your are using Oracle DATABASE EXPRESS try to unlock user "HR" and use table EMPLOYEES as demo.

I agree with your connection succesfuly connect but you might be missing tables in your schema.

HTH

Shaun S

Typo error
                                Message was edited by: Shaun S
                                • 13. Re: Template Builder Report Wizard: End tag does not match start tag 'group
                                  Mark Nelson-Oracle
                                  Hi,

Ok, it was the database connection. I changed the userid from mark to markapex, and it worked fine.

It would be nice if the error message could have given a bit more of a hint as to the cause of the problem... can I request a better error message? I don't know if there is a process to do that, can anyone tell me?

Thanks,
                                  Mark Nelson
                                  • 14. Re: Template Builder Report Wizard: End tag does not match start tag 'group
                                    Hi ,

I am also facing the same problem when I am using Report Wizard.I am on Oracle XML Publisher Template Builder for Word 5.6.2!

This is the error log

sql = select *
                                    from per_all_people_f papf
                                    where TRUNC(:p_eff_date) BETWEEN papf.effective_start_date AND papf.effective_end_date
                                         description =
                                         port = 1521
                                         user = apps
                                         host = xclap01.xcelicor.com
                                         sid = XDEV
                                         ReportParameters = {}
                                         path = D:\Work\XML\xml_files\Parameter1
                                         data_source_name = xdev
                                         name = Parameter1

The above query runs fine on toad.

If I change the sql query to

select * from per_all_people_f where person_id = :person_id

I am not getting this error.

Am I missing anything?

Tim,

You had mentioned to try building the report definition using the web interface to see if the XML is generated correctly.How can I do that?

Regds,
                                    Ashley
                                    1 2 Previous Next