2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2020 5:31 PM by user606112

Net Core 3.1 Beta

user606112

If you are going to store a Master-Entry with Detail-Entries by saving the context I got this error:

Innere Ausnahme 1:

OracleException: ORA-02291: Integritäts-Constraint (HR.FK_OrderDetails_Orders_OrderID) verletzt - übergeordneter Schlüssel nicht gefunden

ORA-06512: in Zeile 13

I suppose, that the Detail-Entry is stored before the Master-Entry is.  With EF6 same code works fine.

Model.JPG

• 1. Re: Net Core 3.1 Beta
          Alex Keh - Product Manager-Oracle

Did the error also occur with Oracle EF Core 2.x or is this the first time you've ported an Oracle app to EF Core?

• 2. Re: Net Core 3.1 Beta
            user606112

Hi Alex, I never used Net Core before. I startet with Core 3.1 Beta. I'm sorry, but I found the mistake. I changed my Code using the reference of the navigation column instead of foreignkey column as you can see below. Now it works pretty good.

new version:

if (viewOrderDetails.IsAddingNew & orderdetail.Order == null)

{   // Neuanlage Bestellposition

context.OrderDetails.Add(orderdetail);

orderdetail.Order = order;

} // if

old version:

if (viewOrderDetails.IsAddingNew & orderdetail.OrderID == 0)

{   // Neuanlage Bestellposition

context.OrderDetails.Add(orderdetail);

orderdetail.OrderID = order.OrderID;

} // if

Unfortunatly the old version works without error using EF6. I dont know why? The foreignkey of the detail entry gets a zero value from the primary key of the new master entry. And by saving the context the primary key get's a none-zero value from a sequence, so that the error occurs.

With kind regards! Günter Hoormann