3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2020 4:31 PM by Glen Conway

SQL Developer 20.2 do not startup

jangkook

Hi, Experts.

bit : 64bit/x64

i has been using vary version of sqldeveloper and now i am using 19.4. so i am trying to using new version 20.2.

i download SQL Developer 20.2/ SQL Developer 20.2 with JDK , unzip and click sqldevelper.exe. but do not startup it.

so, i read the installation guide and confirmed a msvcr100.dll 64bit and  path.

but, still sqldeveloper do not startup. 

scroll bar is going to this point and disappear.

please guide me where i missing.

THANKS.

SK.

• 1. Re: SQL Developer 20.2 do not startup
          Glen Conway

To better see any error messages generated during a startup attempt,

1) Open a Cmd window

2) Run the sqldeveloper\bin\sqldeveloper.exe directly from the command line.

If no clues appear in the console as to the problem (typically a video driver problem with your Java version), then the most common solution is to

1) Rename C:\Users\<yourUserID>\AppData\Roaming\SQL Developer\system20.2.0.175.1842 to something else

2) Run the sqldeveloper\bin\sqldeveloper.exe directly from the command line again.

3) You can try this with or without migrating user settings from a prior version.

If the problem is with the user settings, you cannot be sure if it came from the prior release, or occurred during the migration or even the first clean initialization.

Cheers 

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: SQL Developer 20.2 do not startup
            user832387

I ran into same issue on Win10.

Unblocking the sqldeveloper.exe fixed it

Right click --> Properties --> Check Unblock --> OK

• 3. Re: SQL Developer 20.2 do not startup
              Glen Conway

I bet the original poster's case had nothing to do with an administrator blocking the application.  One of the comments was...

scroll bar is going to this point and disappear.

But "scroll bar" makes no sense in this context, and the OP certainly meant to say "progress bar".  SQL Developer must having been trying to start, but it crashed.