5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2020 3:06 PM by Gyana Panda-Oracle

upgrade FSCM8.4/PT8.56

Hello experts,

I'm considering upgrading the system.

Are there any possible disadvantages with the combination of Fin8.4 and PT8.56?

I only upgrade PeopleTools from 8.55.

Thank you,

• 1. Re: upgrade FSCM8.4/PT8.56
          Gyana Panda-Oracle

Hi,

Please refer to release notes of PT 8.56(link below) . Since you are on lower application version, you may not be able to take advantages of many features delivered in PT 8.56 but ensure that you don't suffer to due to any certification issues(with database, OS, browser etc) or limitations (like xmllink doesn't work on higher version of PT etc.).

Oracle's PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.56 Home Page (Doc ID 2259140.2)

Thanks,

Gyana

• 2. Re: upgrade FSCM8.4/PT8.56
            Rahul Singh-Oracle

Hi 4080751,

In addition to what Gyana told as above, I would like to share the following info to give you a future road map.

Please be aware of an IMPORTANT change to the Lifetime Support Summary for PeopleSoft Releases, KM Doc ID 2238983.2

Highlighted below is the revised text which was included in the PeopleTools Considerations for PeopleSoft Applications on Sustaining Support section of the KM document:

“Due to enhancements and fixes in PeopleTools 8.57 that require the use of the LOB data type, we recommend that PeopleSoft 8.9 and below application releases not upgrade beyond PeopleTools 8.56. Upgrading beyond PeopleTools 8.56 on these older releases will cause application issues that will not be resolved given the releases are on Sustaining Support.”

------------------------------

Thanks,

Rahul

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: upgrade FSCM8.4/PT8.56

Thank you so much! Gyana,

Your answer is very helpful.

I'll discuss this issue again with a customer, including your answer.

Thank you,

• 4. Re: upgrade FSCM8.4/PT8.56

That's good to know. Thank you very much Rahul,

Your additional information would be very helpful.

I'll consider again including on your answer.

Thank you,

• 5. Re: upgrade FSCM8.4/PT8.56
                  Gyana Panda-Oracle

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. Please show your appreciation to community members who respond to your post by marking responses as correct or helpful.   It’s not only a reward to the respond-er(s), but it’s also a great tool for other community members who may be researching the same question you posted.

For any further questions consider creating a thread in PeopleTools - PSFT (MOSC) or  General Ledger - PSFT (MOSC).

Thanks,

Gyana

1 person found this helpful