7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2020 12:24 PM by Miguel Faro

OUD in maintenance after System update

Miguel Faro

Hello:

After an operating system update (from Solaris 11.3 to 11.4) I couldn't get OUD online again. I rebooted on Solaris 11.3, but got the same problem.

When trying to restart ODU clearing the service

svcadm clear svc:/application/oracle/oud:instance

I got the following log:

[ Jul 22 11:57:41 Leaving maintenance because clear requested. ]

[ Jul 22 11:57:41 Enabled. ]

[ Jul 22 11:57:41 Executing start method ("/lib/svc/method/oracle-oud start"). ]

[ Jul 22 11:58:12 Method "start" exited with status 95. ]

OUD process is online for a few seconds and turns back into maintenance.

Anyone has a clue about what is the problem?

Thank you and best regards,

Miguel

• 1. Re: OUD in maintenance after System update
          Miguel Faro

More details on the topic. Related with the schema configuration. I don't know how to fix.

[22/Jul/2020:11:33:06 +0200] category=CORE severity=NOTICE msgID=458891 msg=The Directory Server has sent an alert notification generated by class org.opends.server.core.DirectoryServer (alert type org.opends.server.DirectoryServerShutdown, alert ID 458893):  The Directory Server has started the shutdown process.  The shutdown was initiated by an instance of class org.opends.server.core.DirectoryServer and the reason provided for the shutdown was An error occurred while trying to start the Directory Server:  An objectclass read from schema configuration file 99-user.ldif could not be parsed:  The definition for the objectclass with OID datafonortc-oid declared that it should include required attribute "authcallingstationid".  No attribute type matching this name or OID exists in the server schema The definition for the objectclass with OID datafonortc-oid declared that it should include required attribute "authcallingstationid". No attribute type matching this name or OID exists in the server schema

It seems that I should declare an objectclass with OID datafonortc-oid and the attribute authcallingstationid in the server schema. Is that right? If so, how can I do it?

• 2. Re: OUD in maintenance after System update
            Srinath Menon-Oracle

[22/Jul/2020:11:33:06 +0200] category=CORE severity=NOTICE msgID=458891 msg=The Directory Server has sent an alert notification generated by class org.opends.server.core.DirectoryServer (alert type org.opends.server.DirectoryServerShutdown, alert ID 458893):  The Directory Server has started the shutdown process.  The shutdown was initiated by an instance of class org.opends.server.core.DirectoryServer and the reason provided for the shutdown was An error occurred while trying to start the Directory Server:  An objectclass read from schema configuration file 99-user.ldif could not be parsed:  The definition for the objectclass with OID datafonortc-oid declared that it should include required attribute "authcallingstationid".  No attribute type matching this name or OID exists in the server schema The definition for the objectclass with OID datafonortc-oid declared that it should include required attribute "authcallingstationid". No attribute type matching this name or OID exists in the server schema

Yes, it looks to be the case of recreating the object class for this specific one. Or one more try you can do is restart the host machine, db and then start OUD.

• 3. Re: OUD in maintenance after System update
              Miguel Faro

Thank you, Srinath.

I have realized that there are two ldif files for the schema: 99-user.ldif and 99user.ldif. Don't know whether it is ok, but it does not look good for me. Do you know whether it is right?

Trying to restart OUD doesn't solve the problem, but gives some more details on the failure, and it points to one of those files. Now I don't know whether there should be just one or it is an error in it's content.

• 4. Re: OUD in maintenance after System update
                Srinath Menon-Oracle

Please review this article :

OUD11g Instance Cannot Be Started With 'No attribute type matching this name or OID exists in the server schema' Error (Doc ID 2351295.1)

• 5. Re: OUD in maintenance after System update
                  Miguel Faro

Thanks again. That seems to be the problem.

My question now is, what's the relation between the .ldif file and the schema? Isn't it the same thing? Is there any other place where I need to change de configuration to match the .ldif definitions or it is just a misconfiguration issue?

I mean:

' "The definition for the objectclass with OID 0.9.2342.19200300.100.4.4 declared that it should include optional attribute "userid" '. Where is that definition?

' No attribute type matching this name or OID exists in the server schema ': Is it the .ldif file?

• 6. Re: OUD in maintenance after System update
                    Srinath Menon-Oracle
                    My question now is, what's the relation between the .ldif file and the schema? Isn't it the same thing? Is there any other place where I need to change de configuration to match the .ldif definitions or it is just a misconfiguration issue?

AFAIK .ldif file is used to create a base schema set up in case there is any corruption on the schema side. Infact the custom ones too are added to it for future use.

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E52734_01/oud/OUDAG/schema.htm#OUDAG00577

Section :33.4 Extending the Schema

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: OUD in maintenance after System update
                      Miguel Faro

Thaks so much!!! Very helpful