3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2020 2:25 AM by Sylvain Martel

How can I move a theme style between two Apex 20.1 servers? (Theme roller issue)

Pericles

Hello

I'm Apex new comer, but with experience with Oracle. The thing is that creating a new App I found that when I try to make any style modification with the Theme Roller, it simply can't save those changes. Looking more in detail I noticed that the saving process is throwing an error

theme_roller_1.png

My installation of Apex is based on a Centos 7.8 OS, Oracle 18C EX, Apex 20.1 and using ORDS 19.4 as webserver.

Looking for an solution, I decided to test the Theme Roller on another Apex server which is a Centos 7.8 OS, Oracle 11g EX, Apex 20.1 and using the "Apex web server", and using the same web browser I could successfully save the theme style without any issue.

I also tried to "move" the theme style I've created with the working Apex deploy with the export and import option, but so far without success, I assume because I'm using on both Apex the 42. Universal Template, and so It can't be modified. I tried to generate a new template and make some modifications over it, but the CSS is not included on the export.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

• 1. Re: How can I move a theme style between two Apex 20.1 servers? (Theme roller issue)
          Sylvain Martel

Hello Pericles,

It seems you might have a few things to llok at here...

Your installation on the 18c database might be incomplete.  You could have forgotten the second step in the installation process related to ORDS.  Youu could also have permissions issues on the Centos directories where images are saved on the web server.  I'm no DBA but I've seen these similar errors multiple times and our DBA group is always there on the rescue for DBAs who missed steps in the install process.  I would also make sure to register the schema for RESTful services with sample data, it had been known to "reset" ORDS setup somehow.

On the Theme Style that you want to move to another APEX instance, here are the steps I would follow.

1) on the APEX instance where you change colors with the Theme Roller, go to Shared Components > Themes > Universal Theme 42

2) scroll down to the Styles region

3) click on the style name youu have saved in Theme Roller

4) Copy the value in field Input Parameter File URLs

5) Remember the filename in field Output CSS File URL (we will download that file in a second)

6) click on the twisty to open up the field Theme Roller JSON Configuration and copy the value of field JSON Configuration.  It's going to look like this: {"customCSS":"","vars":{"@g_Accent-BG":"rgba(223, 0, 119, 1)"}}

7) cancel out of this style page and scroll from the Styles region to the Files region just below

8) you will find the css file that you need to download (from step 5 above).  Click on the file click on the download link

Now move to the target application.

1) Go to Shared Components > Static Application Files

2) Upload the css file and note the reference (ex. #APP_IMAGES#16119221884679551.css)

3) Go to Shared Components > Themes > Universal Themes 42

4) Scroll down to Styles and click on Add Style

5) Create your style name.  Move the switches for Is Current, Is Public and Is Accessible to yes (active)

6) In Theme Roller Attributes region, paste the value from the original application for field Input Parameter File URLs (#THEME_IMAGES#less/theme/Vita.less)

7) Paste the value from the uploaded css file (#APP_IMAGES#16119221884679551.css) in field Output CSS File URL

8) Click on the twisty to open up the field Theme Roller JSON Configuration and paste the value for field JSON Configuration. 

9) Apply Changes

Your style should now be available (I hope!)...

Hope this helps!

• 2. Re: How can I move a theme style between two Apex 20.1 servers? (Theme roller issue)
            Pericles

Thanks you so much Sylvain. I just make a fresh install using the Oracle HTTP Server instead of ORDS and now the theme roller is working ok on Oracle 18XE.

Regards.

• 3. Re: How can I move a theme style between two Apex 20.1 servers? (Theme roller issue)
              Sylvain Martel

Glad I was able to help.  Please flag the answer as the correct answer for others to refer to it.

Happy APEXing!