3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2020 7:45 AM by andreml

SQL developer 20.2 disappears when starting in Windows 10

monjurul

HI,

In my two computers(windows 10 , 64 bit) I am having two issues when starting the Oracle SQL developer

1. SQL developer disappears when starting .

2. SQL developer just hang on when 1/4 th of the opening bar came.

Is anyone please help in these two issues ? Advanced thanks to all.

• 1. Re: SQL developer 20.2 disappears when starting in Windows 10
          Glen Conway

For either of those two problems, you can take the same approach to learn what the problem might be during the failed or hanging startup attempt,

1) Open a Cmd window.

2) CD to your SQL Developer installation's sqldeveloper\bin directory.

3) Run sqldeveloper.exe directly from the command line.

If error or warning messages display in the console, correct the indicated problem.  A very typical case involves a video driver conflict with your Java version. Try upgrading the driver.

If no error message appears, then the most common cause is corruption of your user settings.  The solution is to:

1) Rename C:\Users\<yourUserID>\AppData\Roaming\SQL Developer\system20.2.0.175.1842 to something else

2) Run sqldeveloper.exe directly from the command line again.

3) You can try this with or without migrating user settings from a prior version.

If the problem is with the user settings, you cannot be sure if it came from the prior release, or occurred during the migration or even the first clean initialization.

Cheers

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: SQL developer 20.2 disappears when starting in Windows 10
            monjurul

Thank you so much I will try to implement your solution and update you

• 3. Re: SQL developer 20.2 disappears when starting in Windows 10
              andreml

Hi Glen,

just a side hint.

My PC got a new image by the IT. Whatever that means...:-)

After that I had a similar issue.

SD started and there also was an entry in the windows status bar, however, is was not possible blew to an access the GUI itself anymore.

It just no longer appeared at any of my two screens nor my notebook display. Strange thing.

However, following these steps solved the problem.

Thanks!

Regards

Andre