4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2020 8:38 PM by Jim-D

Cross-community linkage?

EdStevens

This is odd.  I use seperate email addresses for this forum and the MOS forum.  Here I use my personal email and the screen name 'EdStevens'.  In MOSC I use my company email and the screen name is EdStevens-OC.

Yesterday I posted in MOSC, and today that posting shows up here .... Well, this is different! rman virtual private catalog

FWIW, I was in MOSC and had just marked a couple of replies to that message as 'helpful', then tried to log out and log in to this forum (OTN? Groundbreakers?) and got 'the system is down for maintenance'.

So how is it a thread I started in MOSC is here in this forum, with my MOSC screen name?

Sign me - Puzzled.

• 1. Re: Cross-community linkage?
          Jim Finch-Oracle

That makes two of us!

Please let  me know if it happens again.

Best,

Jim Finch

System Admin

Community Experience Manager

• 2. Re: Cross-community linkage?
            Jim-D

I use the same user ID/email address for both MOSC and Groundbreakers. I can log in once and travel seamlessly between communities.

When you log in to MOSC with your company email, you should have Groundbreakers access as well.

Maybe you just accidentally selected the Groundbreakers subspace instead of the equivalent MOSC subspace?

• 3. Re: Cross-community linkage?
              EdStevens

Jim-D wrote:

I use the same user ID/email address for both MOSC and Groundbreakers. I can log in once and travel seamlessly between communities.

When you log in to MOSC with your company email, you should have Groundbreakers access as well.

Maybe you just accidentally selected the Groundbreakers subspace instead of the equivalent MOSC subspace?

Jim, at first I marked this as 'correct', but I really jumped the gun on it.  I have two separate identities.  'EdStevens' in Groundbreakers (I hate that name!) uses my personal email to logon.  'EdStevens-OC' in MOSC uses my company email address to log on.   So I don't see how I could possibly be losing track of which forum space I'm in.

In fact, if you go read the thread (Re: Well, this is different! rman virtual private catalog ), message #8 is a reply from me as EdStevens (my GB identity).  I believe that happened when the thread showed up in my GB inbox. 

I do know that it took  a while to write the original posting, and somewhere in there, perhaps when I hit 'post', I got the 'you have been logged out' message,and a 'system is down for maintenance, be back up shortly' page. Then some back and forth as I tried to reconnect.  Still, in the thread there are clearly postings by my two separate identities.

• 4. Re: Cross-community linkage?
                Jim-D

EdStevens - Are you able to log in to Groundbreakers (I don't like the name either) with your EdStevens-OC user id?

In what MOSC subspace did you intend to post that thread with your EdStevens-OC user id?