12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2006 6:37 PM by 394386 RSS

How to resolve Replication Errors

I have been through Oracle Documentation as how to prevent replication errors.

However, I cannot seem to find any documentation on how to correct these errors after they have occurred.

We have a large backlog of replication errors fro the time replication was setup and was looking as to how to resolve insert, delete and update errors.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: How to resolve Replication Errors
          JustinCave
          That depends... what error(s) are you getting?

What sort of replication setup do you have?

Justin
          • 2. Re: How to resolve Replication Errors
            Insert, update, and delete errors on 3 multimaster site replication setup. For different transactions, replication to one site seems to be ok but to the other not possible. Its here I get these DML errors.

For eg, insert error

ORA-00001: unique constraint (schema.ARR_CARD_PK) violated
            ORA-02063: preceding line from SITE_A

For delete

ORA-01403: no data found

and similar common ones for update

We have a hugh number of these errors and I was just wondering where to start. What to solve first. We have errors from several tables in the replication group.

Oracle 9.2.0.1 on W2k Svr.
            • 3. Re: How to resolve Replication Errors
              JustinCave
              How do you generate primary keys? Ca the same primary key be generated on multiple systems?

Justin
              • 4. Re: How to resolve Replication Errors
                I executed again the tranasactions in the error queue and they cleared up.

However I am now having problems with the deferred tranasactions. There were about 44,000 in the queue before. The dbms job was broken so I ran it and it was able to push half the tranactions from the 44,000 through.

However, only half. I am manually pushing the transactions through using OEM. But they do not seem to go through. Any ideas as to why they do not go through. Any alternatives to get all the deferred tranactions to being pushed?

Thanks
                • 5. Re: How to resolve Replication Errors
                  The deferred tranaction queue has incresed in size to 53,000 tranactions to be applied. I ran this query today(23-oct-06), and get the following result.

SQL> SELECT SID, r.JOB, LOG_USER, r.THIS_DATE, r.THIS_SEC
                  2 FROM DBA_JOBS_RUNNING r, DBA_JOBS j
                  3 WHERE r.JOB = j.JOB;

SID JOB LOG_USER THIS_DATE THIS_SEC
                  ---------- ---------- ------------------------------ --------- --------
                  54 8 REPADMIN 15-OCT-06 17:24:52

SQL>

Any ideas as to what to do with this information. I ran the query several times within an hour, but the ame result...any sggestions as to how to apply all the tranactions in teh deferred tranaction queue sucessfully across?

Thanks
                  • 6. Re: How to resolve Replication Errors
                    JustinCave
                    Are you still getting the same errors?

For the failing inserts, how are you generating primary keys? Is there a chance that the same key could have been generated on multiple systems?

Justin
                    • 7. Re: How to resolve Replication Errors
                      Hi,I should have stated this earlier but forgot...intense atmosphere right now.

Its so urgent that we push across these transactions in the deferred transactions queue (DTQ) to the other master site.

I was able to resolve most of the errors in the error queue using a script from the Internet which actually creates the execute statements for the transactiosn which resultin errors to be executed again.

The same way, I executed the dbms jobs (which were broken) on all sites so that the DTQ empties. This was sucessfull on two of thethree master sites. However, on one of the master sites, it was only able to push half of the tranactions to one other site. This is what I am trying to resolve.

I try to manually push these transactiosn form OEM, but they do not seem to go through. Is there a way I could find wher the errors lay? I have checked alll the alert logs an the trace fiels but no major errors.

W2K Ad Svr, Oracle 9i Release 2. and three Multimaster sites.
                      • 8. Re: How to resolve Replication Errors
                        Hi,I should have stated this earlier but forgot...intense atmosphere right now.

Its so urgent that we push across these transactions in the deferred transactions queue (DTQ) to the other master site.

I was able to resolve most of the errors in the error queue using a script from the Internet which actually creates the execute statements for the transactiosn which resultin errors to be executed again.

The same way, I executed the dbms jobs (which were broken) on all sites so that the DTQ empties. This was sucessfull on two of thethree master sites. However, on one of the master sites, it was only able to push half of the tranactions to one other site. This is what I am trying to resolve.

I try to manually push these transactiosn form OEM, but they do not seem to go through. Is there a way I could find wher the errors lay? I have checked alll the alert logs an the trace fiels but no major errors.

W2K Ad Svr, Oracle 9i Release 2. and three Multimaster sites.
                        • 9. Re: How to resolve Replication Errors
                          I even ran the following script, it executes, but does not push it through.

declare rc binary_integer; begin rc := sys.dbms_defer_sys.push(destination=>'DESTHOST.DOMAIN', stop_on_error=>FALSE, delay_seconds=>0, parallelism=>0); end;
                          • 10. Re: How to resolve Replication Errors
                            Once again...in our Oracle 9.2.0.1 multimaster replication environmment on Windows 2000 server system containing three master sites is giving strange errors.

The transactions within defferred transaction queue at one of the sites are not being pushed at the other site. Last month, it was the other way around.

In the trace files, we can see that there are TNS connect error to the other master sites. However as soon as we restart the particular server, the transactions are pushed through.

This environment was working fine before and we were wondering as to what could be causing these errors all of a sudden.
                            • 11. Re: How to resolve Replication Errors
                              JustinCave
                              Can you clarify exactly what is happeneing? Is it that transactions aren't being sent? Or that the transactions that are being sent are generating errors? If transactions are being sent and erroring out, what errors do you get? If you're getting the same errors you were getting earlier, how are you generating primary keys?

You mention a TNS error. Exactly what error are you getting? Is this a persistent error?

A rather obvious question, but what changed just before the problems started?

Justin
                              • 12. Re: How to resolve Replication Errors
                                Sorry, these are only the transactions from the Deferrerd Transaction Queue which are yet to be applied to the other site. The error queue is quite constant and we are not facing much problems there.

In the trace files the errors are:

ORA-12012: error on auto execute of job 78
                                ORA-23324: error ORA-12535: TNS:operation timed out, while creating deferror entry at "globaldbname" with error -12535
                                ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_DEFER_SYS", line 1716
                                ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_DEFER_SYS", line 1804
                                ORA-06512: at line 1
                                *** 2006-11-07 22:05:42.000