'error 1069 - (The service did not start due to a logon failure) in BAM

I installed BAM on XP SP2, i do have IIS configured and XE DB, after installing when i tried starting the services as per post-installion guide.i did found the error 'An error 1069 - (The service did not start due to a logon failure).In google i could find a remedy saying

Remedy: Go to Start /Programs / Administrative tools / Services. Right-click the Goodlink Server and select Properties. Click the Log On tab. Retype the correct password. Start the Goodlink service.

i did so but did found the same error.So i tried changing a few things in LogOn tab such as " Earlier it was logging in from machine name and pwd , since it gave an error" i changed it to local system account ." now all services of BAM have started except Oracle BAM Active Data cache.

Anyone pls rep how do i resolve this? Do i need to re-install? i need this to be done very urgently.
      • 1. Re: 'error 1069 - (The service did not start due to a logon failure) in BAM
        Sanjeev Sondur, Oracle-Oracle
        hi - For ADC start - first check dos %PATH% - c:\oraclebam\bam\clientforbam\ should be the first entry. Then check windows event veiwer -- and see the cause of the error. Try to start ADC, and see if it starts or problematic. After getting all the bam components started correctly- then we can address localhost vs hostname. Also verify windows services -properties-logon tab- This account and/or verify if it is localhost - Ideally it should be a account name with admin rights in windows OS. If needed, send email to sanjeev.sondur@oracle.com/ identify your company.geographical location (India) and project (customer or partner)
        • 2. Re: 'error 1069 - (The service did not start due to a logon failure) in BAM
          Thanks sanjeev I'm able to start the services But BAM start page is not working it's page cannot be displayed.ClientforBAM link is being displayed in yellow color does it mean something is not installed properly??? i have mailed you in detail as i need help on start page.
          • 3. Re: 'error 1069 - (The service did not start due to a logon failure) in BAM
            Hi let me know about BAM start paage whats wrong i dont know.when ic lick on start page it opens an explorer thats it !!! I need the solutions for this... pls

Thanks
            Bhuvi
            • 4. Re: 'error 1069 - (The service did not start due to a logon failure) in BAM
              S.Sherman-Oracle
              Once you are past the service not starting issue, but still have Start Page issues...

1) If you have installed on W2003, have you done the post installation configuration steps? See "Required Configuration for Microsoft Windows Server 2003" in the "Postinstall Configuration" section of the 10.1.3.1 BAM Install Guide:

2) See the "Troubleshooting Start Page Issues" section the same document.

Here's a link to the BAM 10.1.3.1 Install Guide:
              http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/integration/bam/10.1.3/documentation/baminstallg101310.pdf

Regards, Stephen
              • 5. Re: 'error 1069 - (The service did not start due to a logon failure) in BAM
                I have BAM 10.1.3 installed on windows XP,In the install guide post installation cofiguration is not mentioned for XP.I want to know whether same settings needs to be done in this case also?. If so while configuring DFS it says "network not found windows 53 error".
                In post-installation configuration i'm stuck @ 4th step i.e starting web applications.Thats where BAM start page is not displayed.I have port and host name defined as "Hostname and port: (b4b-2f-008-j2fw.bdc4b.co.in)(PORT = 1522)". I wanted to know can IP address be given in place of system name.This host has all admin rights.
                Kindly reply a bit fast by EOD as i need to start on this.
                • 6. Re: 'error 1069 - (The service did not start due to a logon failure) in BAM
                  S.Sherman-Oracle
                  Windows XP is not a certified platform for BAM. However, the product works fine on XP for evaluations and demos. For production, use a certified/supported version of Windows as is documented in the Software System Requirements section of the BAM Install Guide.

All Postinstall steps apply to all versions of Windows that BAM runs on except for the Postinstall step called "Required Configuration for Microsoft Windows Server 2003". As indicated by the step name, this one is for W2003 only.

"network not found windows 53 error" is generally a network, account or password issue. Please follow the Install Guide step by step to avoid installation issues like this.

See "Troubleshooting Start Page Issues" for start page problems.

As indicated in the Install Guide, you can use host names or IP addresses:
                  "12. On the Configure location of Oracle BAM step, enter the host name or the IP
                  address where each component is to be installed, even if it is not being installed at
                  this time, then click Next."

Regards, Stephen
                  • 7. Re: 'error 1069 - (The service did not start due to a logon failure) in BAM
                    Hi Stephen ,

will check with the truobleshooting issues.Still if i face any problem will post a msg.

Thanks
                    Bhuvi

Message was edited by:
                    user526789
                    • 8. Re: 'error 1069 - (The service did not start due to a logon failure) in BAM
                      Thanks a Lot for this post. Saved me a lot of time