11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2006 1:06 PM by 485479

Getting problem with realms

Hi Guy's

I created realm and i assign that realm at user level. But it is not reflecting.. Any other set up i have to do?. The same stuff i applied at responsibility level. It is working..

If anyone knows reply

Thanks & Regards
      Palakondaiah.U
        • 1. Re: Getting problem with realms
          Hi Kondaiah,
          Is this in 11.5.10? What is the type of Realm that you've created?
          The realm defn. should be picked up from the user level as well. It should work.
          Can you please enable diagnostics and confirm, the same.
          • 2. Re: Getting problem with realms
            Hi Srinath,
            I am working on 11.5.10 only. I created the realm for component type Category and i assigned that realm at user level by setting the attribute ICX_POR_REALM_ID. and I am not assigning this realm at the responsibility level. eventhough i am setting this realm at user level, i am able to access all the the categories.

is it necessary to set at responsibility?

Thanks & Regards
            Palakondaiah.U
            • 3. Re: Getting problem with realms
              Palakondaiah,
              I'm not able to understand your problem here.
              Letz take the following scenario.
              - Create a Realm, for Category 'C1'.
              - Assign the Realm, as a securing attribute to user 'U1'.
              - Log on as User 'U1', in iP Shopping, you should only be able to see items from Category 'C1' in the Search Results.

Is this what you are experiencing (or) is it something different?
              • 4. Re: Getting problem with realms
                But i am able to access the other categories also...not only the category for which we created realm for the same
                • 5. Re: Getting problem with realms
                  Are you talking about the categories in 'Category Browse' (or) in 'Search' ?
                  • 6. Re: Getting problem with realms
                    I am talking about Category browse. Once we enter into the iProcurement responsibility, we click on Categories sub tab under Shop tab. Here we have different categories. If we click on Categories, it shows sub categores and if we click on sub categories, it shows the items in it.

If I apply responsibility realms i can able to see the items for which we created realms. But if i apply User level realm alone(at this i am not setting realms at responsibility realms) then i am able to access all the items in all categories. So here User level realms are not working.

What can I do to use realms at User Level?

One more query-->Can we create Requistion templates(not information Templates) to suite our needs. Why because we can't do validation for attributes if we use Information Templates right?

Thanks
                    pal
                    • 7. Re: Getting problem with realms
                      Kondaiah,
                      I'm pretty sure that there is some issue with the Realm assignment to the user. There is no difference with the Realm Behavior with regards to assignment at User/Resp. level.
                      Again, please check your assignments at the user level.
                      You might want to turn up debug logging and check if the realms is actually applied.
                      • 8. Re: Getting problem with realms
                        As for the query on Req. Template and Info. Template usage, please check the post
                        How to assign Information Templates to the item or category

They serve two different business requirements. So it one cannot be used in leiu of the other. You can probably extend the controller and do some validation on the Info. template Fields.
                        • 9. Re: Getting problem with realms
                          But extension of controller wont support by 11.5.10 right? if it can, is it the same procedure as extension of VO and EO's

Bye
                          Pal
                          • 10. Re: Getting problem with realms
                            Controller is just a java class file. You can create your custom controller extending the standard controller. You can override the PR and PFR (methods) as required (with a call to the super methods).
                            Using personalization, you can substitute the controller used in the page, with your custom one.
                            • 11. Re: Getting problem with realms
                              Thnaks Mani

Thanks & Regards
                              Pal.