This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2009 3:50 AM by 520377 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Exporting/Importing a *Bunch* of Applications
    413063 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nevermind. I tried as FLOWS and all seems well. Thanks, Guys!
  • 16. Re: Exporting/Importing a *Bunch* of Applications
    60437 Employee ACE
    Joe - You can also connect to one of the schemas assigned to the workspace that owns the applications you are importing. You have to group the scripts by workspace but it lets you keep the FLOWS_xxxxxx schema locked and unavailable to those who would not otherwise have a real need to access it.

Scott
  • 17. Re: Exporting/Importing a *Bunch* of Applications
    599963 Newbie
    Hi,

Im going to have my Apex and backend database on 2 diffrent servers does it matter where I run Apexexport utility from ? can I run from cron on application server or the database server ?
    what about the user name ? do I have to use developer account/ or workspace admin to export application using ApexExport?

thanks
  • 18. Re: Exporting/Importing a *Bunch* of Applications
    60437 Employee ACE
    Alex,

Application Express is installed in one of your databases (I don't know what your distinction is between Apex and "backend database") so you have to export the applications from that database. No application servers are involved in the Application Express architecture unless you happen to be using an application-server-hosted HTTP listener.

What account to use to run ApexExport should be described in the doc for that utility, I'm not familiar with it.

Scott
  • 19. Re: Exporting/Importing a *Bunch* of Applications
    599963 Newbie
    Hi Scott,
    I undrestand that apex uses database as its repository to store pl/sql etc ... and must of the processing is done inside database, but I thought the actual apex pages which developer accesses to develop applications are known to be apex binaries and dont necessarily need to be installed on the database server! they could be installed where http and apache web services are available?

am I wrong?

Thanks
  • 20. Re: Exporting/Importing a *Bunch* of Applications
    520377 Explorer
    Ali_ wrote:
    Hi Scott,
    I undrestand that apex uses database as its repository to store pl/sql etc ... and must of the processing is done inside database, but I thought the actual apex pages which developer accesses to develop applications are known to be apex binaries and dont necessarily need to be installed on the database server! they could be installed where http and apache web services are available?

am I wrong?
    Everything resides within the database - the 'Apex' developer pages are simply another application.
1 2 Previous Next