1 2 3 4 Previous Next 45 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2007 7:33 PM by 580819 Go to original post
      • 30. Carriage return character - B2B Issue
        Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for the update. One more issue that I am facing in B2B is carriage return character.

I tried to process the 850 EDI given by client to me in B2B. While processing B2B is raising an error.
        Error that B2B reporting is "Document protocol identification error"

But If I give carriage return character at the end of last segment (IEA) of 850 EDI, it could able to process that EDI and also sending acknowledgement back to the remote trading partner.

Client is not Okay in modifying the 850 EDI.
        Is this is bug in B2B?
        or Is there a way to handle it in B2B without modifying the 850 EDI file?

thanks
        Raghu
        • 31. B2B Issue - Carriage Return Character
          Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for the update. One more issue that I am facing in B2B is carriage return character.

I tried to process the 850 EDI given by client to me in B2B. While processing B2B is raising an error.
          Error that B2B reporting is "Document protocol identification error"

But If I give carriage return character at the end of last segment (IEA) of 850 EDI, it could able to process that EDI and also sending acknowledgement back to the remote trading partner.

Client is not Okay in modifying the 850 EDI.
          Is this is bug in B2B?
          or Is there a way to handle it in B2B without modifying the 850 EDI file?

thanks
          Raghu
          • 32. Re: B2B Issue - Carriage Return Character
            Ramesh Nittur Anantharamaiah-Oracle
            Hello,

Please make sure to validate the message in the Document Editor by configuring appropriate Carriage Return and delimiters. Use the same configuration while defining the document in B2B. HTH.

Rgds,Ramesh
            • 33. Re: B2B Issue - Carriage Return Character
              Ramesh,

I went thourgh the Document Editor pdf. But I could not able to find how to configure a carriage return character.
              Can you please let me know how to configure this charcter at the end of segement IEA.

thanks
              Raghu
              • 34. Re: B2B Issue - Carriage Return Character
                Hello,

Open the ecs file in the Document editor and click on Edit delimiter option to find out what are the delimiters used by default. You might want to set the same in B2B.

Also, please make sure to deselect the envelope segment while creating the guideline in Document Editor.

Rgds,Ramesh
                • 35. Re: B2B Issue - Carriage Return Character
                  Ramesh,

Still no luck. I am getting the same error.

If all the segments are in one line in the EDI document B2B is able to process it.
                  If the segments are in seperate lines in the EDI document, B2B is unable to process it.

Raghu
                  • 36. Re: B2B Issue - Carriage Return Character
                    Hello Raghu,

Typically if the delimiter is carriage Return + Line Feed , it should be applicable to all the line including the last line. Please note that the last line in your EDI file does not adhere to this. HTH.

Rgds,Ramesh
                    • 37. Re: B2B Issue - Carriage Return Character
                      Ramesh,

My environment set up is as follows:

Host trading partner is Acme.
                      Remote Trading partners are GlobalChips, ColorChips

Both GlobalChips and ColorChips will post 850 EDI documents to Acme.
                      Both the remote trading partners maintain seperate ecs files.

I would like to have diffent names for the business actions specific to each Remote Trading Partners.

I tried the following cases:

Case I:

For 850 I gave the business action names as follows:

Remote Trading Partner     *****          Business action Name      *****          revision     *****          document type

GlobalChips     *****                    GLC_ACME_850_PO      *****          4010     *****               850 (I selected ECS and XSD generated for GLOBALCHIPS)

ColorChips     *****                    COL_ACME_850_PO          *****          4010     *****               850 (I selected ECS and XSD generated for ColorChips)

In this case when I tried to create the second business action, B2B is showing an error message sayimg that
                           the document type name with same revision is already exists.

Case II

In this case I treid to create the business actions as follows:

Remote Trading Partner *****          Business action Name      *****     revision *****     document type

GlobalChips     *****          GLC_ACME_850_PO *****          4010     *****          850 (I selected ECS and XSD generated for GLOBALCHIPS)

ColorChips     *****          COL_ACME_850_PO     *****          4011     *****          850 (I selected ECS and XSD generated for ColorChips)

But while testing when I post EDIs (eg: ColorChips_850_4010_1234.dat or ColorChips_860_4011_1234.dat)
                           ColorChips EDI process failed as the revision is diffent.
                           B2B is showing the below error message when I ran the report

General validation Error, Document protocol error.

After that I updated the revision of Colorchips back to 4010 then I tested this time I got
                           the following error message

"No agreement found between input values (Acme and Colorchips) business action name 'null'" Also verify the
                           agreement effective date.

Case III

I created the business actions as below:

Remote Trading Partner     *****     Business action Name      *****     revision *****     document type

GlobalChips     *****          Process_850      *****           4010          *****     850 (I selected ECS and XSD generated for GLOBALCHIPS)

ColorChips     *****          Process_850     *****          4010          *****     850 (I selected ECS and XSD generated for ColorChips)

These two trading partners and business actions I created seperately on diffent B2B instances and then I imported these two
                           configurations into one B2B instance using Administation import feature in B2B.

In this case both the 850 EDI files are processed by B2B and acknowledgements are sent back to the trading partners.

But I could able to see only one document root id for the both the business acions. This document root id
                           required by BPEL to read the message from AQ and to generate flatfile specific E-Commers Gate way.
                           So the problem here is BPEL could not able to pick the GlobalChips message.

My doubt is can we give different business action names for 850 process for each of the trading partners seperately
                      on the same B2B instance? If so how to configure it?

Message was edited by:
                      user552395
                      • 38. Re: B2B Issue - Carriage Return Character
                        Please open this as a seperate post as this is for a different issue. Thanks for the cooperation.

Rgds,Ramesh
                        • 39. Re: Error Code: AIP: 50080:  Exchange protocol identification error
                          Hi Ramesh,

Could you please send me the error handling BPEL process that listens to B2B_IN_QUEUE, which you had mentioned in this post.

thanks & regards,
                          Shailesh
                          • 42. Re: Error Code: AIP: 50080:  Exchange protocol identification error
                            Hi Ramesh,
                            I am getting the following error:
                            We have the standard setup and nothing has changed in the server. It was working till 04/24/07.
                            Please help.
                            Thanks
                            Shamik
                            ======================================
                            2007.05.04 at 11:30:28:714: Thread-12: B2B - (DEBUG) oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.document.edi.EDIDocumentPlugin:identifyIncomingDocument successfully identify incoming EDI document, but it is not supported.

2007.05.04 at 11:30:30:534: Thread-12: B2B - (ERROR) Error -: AIP-50083: Document protocol identification error

at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.engine.Engine.identifyDocument(Engine.java:2350)

at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.engine.Engine.processIncomingMessage(Engine.java:1235)

at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.engine.Engine.incomingContinueProcess(Engine.java:1851)

at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.engine.Engine.handleMessageEvent(Engine.java:1783)

at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.engine.Engine.processEvents(Engine.java:1741)

at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.data.MsgListener.onMessage(MsgListener.java:454)

at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.data.MsgListener.run(MsgListener.java:326)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

2007.05.04 at 11:30:30:535: Thread-12: B2B - (ERROR) Error -: AIP-50083: Document protocol identification error

at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.engine.Engine.identifyDocument(Engine.java:2350)

at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.engine.Engine.processIncomingMessage(Engine.java:1235)

at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.engine.Engine.incomingContinueProcess(Engine.java:1851)

at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.engine.Engine.handleMessageEvent(Engine.java:1783)

at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.engine.Engine.processEvents(Engine.java:1741)

at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.data.MsgListener.onMessage(MsgListener.java:454)

at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.data.MsgListener.run(MsgListener.java:326)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

2007.05.04 at 11:30:30:535: Thread-12: B2B - (DEBUG) oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.engine.Engine:handleExceptionBeforeIncomingTPA Enter

2007.05.04 at 11:30:30:535: Thread-12: B2B - (DEBUG) oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.engine.Engine:handleInboundException Updating Error Message: Error -: AIP-50083: Document protocol identification error
                            • 43. Re: Error Code: AIP: 50080:  Exchange protocol identification error
                              Hello,

Make sure the EDI Document is valid. This can be done by analyzing the document in Oracle AS B2B Document Editor.

Rgds,Ramesh
                              • 44. Re: Error Code: AIP: 50080:  Exchange protocol identification error
                                Thanks Ramesh. We will do so. The EDI doc is an XML file, though.