1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 12, 2007 5:27 AM by Mannamal-Oracle

Combining Columns of RDF Network Table and SDO_MATCH Query

Hello,

I am trying to do a combination of SDO_Match query along w/ combining them w/ a security column on the triple table in the normal tablespace (not the view/rdf_links table in mdsys).

I am using an LDAP w/ OLS for the authentication and security. I have two questions.

1. any ideas on how to allow for SDO_RDF_MATCH query to the LDAP users (I could give them permissions to the RDF_MODELNAME view, but they can see ALL the data - not just their security level.

Any alternatives? I am able to select, insert, delete, and manipulate the normal table securely, but I am unable to use many of the SDO functions due to it bypassing that table (I think...)

Ideas? Help....

Thanks,
      Ben
        • 1. Re: Combining Columns of RDF Network Table and SDO_MATCH Query
          Mannamal-Oracle
          Hi,

Regarding your first question: Currently we only support security at the model level, not at the triple level that require. This is planned for future work. One approach to build an application with triple level security is to do what you have described - have an additional column in the triple table that stores the security level. When SDO_RDF_MATCH is executed, it returns a table, and this table can be joined with the triple table so that the result rows are filtered based on the value of the security level column in the triple table.

Any alternatives? I am able to select, insert, delete, and manipulate the normal >table securely, but I am unable to use many of the SDO functions due to it >bypassing that table (I think...)
          I am not sure I fully understand your second question. You are right that the triple table is "bypassed" by the query interface SDO_RDF_MATCH - that is, SDO_RDF_MATCH operates directly on the internal tables (though all this it transparent to the user). What other SDO functions would you like to use?

Melli
          Oracle Semantic Technology Development Group