14 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2007 12:24 PM by 70140

11i Application timing out..

Hi Application Gurus,

I have a 11.5.10.2 application running on RHEL AS4 and all of a sudden i have problems with the application pages getting disconnected after sometime(say after 4-5 minutes the pages were opened) with the error:
      FRM-92100 error. The connection to the server was interrupted.
      This may be the result of the network error, or a failure on the server.
      Ypu will need to reestablish your session.

Details
      Java exception:
      java.net.socketException:Connection reset by peer:JVM_recv in input socket stream read.

Also enabled FRD trace and started the application again and found at the end of the log file
      FNDCPVWR:CONTROL.SIZE
      ERROR FORMS_ERROR "Forms encountered unexpected signal 1948284014"

Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

Sanky
        • 1. Re: 11i Application timing out..
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Is this happening to one machine or to all machines?
          Application services are up and running properly?
          Any errors in the the database log file?

Close the browser, clear jinitiator cache folder and try again.
          • 2. Re: 11i Application timing out..
            Thanks for the quick reply.

Q:Is this happening to one machine or to all machines?
            A: Yes this is happening from any client you start the application.

Q:Application services are up and running properly?
            A: All the services were started with no errors.

Q:Any errors in the the database log file?
            A: I could not see any errors in the alert file nor in the trace files in udump

Q:Close the browser, clear jinitiator cache folder and try again?
            A: Cleared the cache from my system, cleared the cache from the java plug in and restarted the application but stil i get the same error.

Thanks and Regards,

Sanky
            • 3. Re: 11i Application timing out..
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              FRM-92100 is a generic error so you need to alot of troubleshooting ..

Try to change "FORMS60_TIMEOUT" to a high value in the environment file and try then. If this does not work then ..

Run adadmin and do the following:

Recompile APPS objects
              Relink executables
              Force Generation of JAR files
              Regenerate Forms

Also make sure you are not running out of space.
              • 4. Re: 11i Application timing out..
                Fadi Hasweh
                it also could be a network issue try to open a cmd and run ping -t ip and watch it dose it disconnect. if yes u should infrom your network admin.

fadi
                http://oracle-magic.blogspot.com
                • 5. Re: 11i Application timing out..
                  Txz guys..I changed the forms60_timeout parameter and increased to an hour but stilll my forms get closed with the same errror in less than 5 minutes. Since no changes were made on the system i think there should not be any issues for running adadmin. But anyways i'll give a try and relink the executables. Also i could ping the box for more than 20 minutes without connection getting closed but observed that the putty session terminates after few minutes (say 10 minutes) though the time to live is checked on the putty connection.

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks and Regards,
                  Sanky
                  • 6. Re: 11i Application timing out..
                    Fadi Hasweh
                    ping will not get u disconcet but it will write request time out if you faceed that then u have a netwrok problem for sure.

fadi
                    • 7. Re: 11i Application timing out..
                      fadi,

I could ping -t the server from my machine and therz no issues with that.

Is there any other netwotk test i can do???

Thanks and Regards,
                      Sanky
                      • 8. Re: 11i Application timing out..
                        Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                        but observed that the putty session terminates after few minutes (say 10
                        minutes) though the time to live is checked on the putty connection.
                        Then most probably its a connectivity issue or server (resources) issue. Check ur connection and try to reboot the server.
                        • 9. Re: 11i Application timing out..
                          Hi sawwan,

Restarted the box and still no better.

Thanks and Regards,

Sanky
                          • 10. Re: 11i Application timing out..
                            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                            Then I believe its a network issue .. Please run the application on the server itself and see whether you get the same error or not.
                            • 11. Re: 11i Application timing out..
                              Hi Sanky ,

Is it cloned instance ?, if it is not and there is no changes at applications

check with network team make sure all ports are open on server.

stop the forms server, make sure all forms services are down. if not kill those sessions.

start forms server and clear apache cache at server and clear client jcache.

regards,
                              phani.k
                              • 12. Re: 11i Application timing out..
                                I'm with hswann, I'd say you've got a network issue on your hand. How about a simple test like ftp'ing or scp'ing a large file to or from that server and see if you get a timeout?
                                • 13. Re: 11i Application timing out..
                                  Hi,

I could ftp and send a file to and from from the server but i did not send a large file as u have mentioned. I do understand the reason u ask me to send a large file to and from the server. Informed the network guys to change the NIC as they said they had some problems with the card when they rebooted the box few weeks ago.

Will come back to this forum if that doesn't fix the problem.

Thanks a lot for ur valuable ideas guys...Appreciate each and everyone's efforts they put here.

Regards,

Sanky.
                                  • 14. Re: 11i Application timing out..
                                    Please ask the network guys as well;

1. If all the systems accessing the Applications go through a firewall
                                    It may be necessary to 'move' your server to a DMZ - Demilitarized Zone.

I had an issue once, where the firewall layer of the network terminates every connection to the network every hour, so all connection to the servers the firewall protects always need to reconnect after every say hour and all the vendors had to re-write their services to do the same.

2. Otherwise, ask for a dedicated port(s) to be opened in the firewall - in other words provide them with a list of oracle ports (as listed in the successful installation log). This where it may be tricky, and if your Network Admin disagrees, because these are default ports, you may have to re-install with a set or ports agreed with your Net Admin, if a paranoid.

3. If there are other layers between the server and the Clients, ask them to be removed so you can test as well.