1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2013 3:20 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Concurrent Manager problem

Hi All,

I installed Apps 11.5.10 onto my home PC, My Concurrent Manager is not working. When I start the service from Services then it shows me started and but as soon as I submit any job , it automatically shut down and job shows Status Inactive and No Manager. I run the script cmclean.sql but after running this I am facing another problem when try to change any responsibility i.e. Node ID does not exist for the current application server id.

Please tell me how to resolve this problem.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Concurrent Manager problem
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Hi All,

I installed Apps 11.5.10 onto my home PC, My
          Concurrent Manager is not working. When I start the
          service from Services then it shows me started and
          but as soon as I submit any job , it automatically
          shut down and job shows Status Inactive and No
          Manager. I run the script cmclean.sql but after
          running this I am facing another problem when try to
          Check the CM log file, what does it say?
          Node ID does not exist for the current application server id.
          Make sure to match APPL_SERVER_ID in the dbc file with the (server_id from fnd_nodes). If they do not match comment APPL_SERVER_ID in the dbc file and run adgendbc.cmd
          • 2. Re: Concurrent Manager problem
            Fadi Hasweh
            hi,
            check the profile option GSM%enable% and changed it to N and try if it work, then you have to solve this issue.

fadi
            http://oracle-magic.blogspot.com
            • 3. Re: Concurrent Manager problem
              Hi All,

Thanks for the reply, I don't know where is the CM log file, Also I tried this command select server_id from fnd_nodes; and the result is NULL. So could you please tell me how to check these.

Thanks
              • 4. Re: Concurrent Manager problem
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                Log file (.mgr) is created under $COMMON_TOP/admin/log/SID_host

Since FND_NODES has no rows, this means that its not correctly populated. Try to run AutoConfig to re-populate that table and then start the CM
                • 5. Re: Concurrent Manager problem
                  Hi Sawwan,

Thanks for prompt reply and continued support. I found the following log file in the said directory: Also could you please tell me how to run AutoConfig and where is this file located, Please keep in mind that I am using Windows XP.

The Internal Concurrent Manager has encountered an error.

Review concurrent manager log file for more detailed information. : 23-JAN-2007 15:13:26 -

Shutting down Internal Concurrent Manager : 23-JAN-2007 15:13:26

List of errors encountered:
                  .............................................................................

_ 1 _
                  Concurrent Manager cannot find error description for CONC-System Node
                  Name not Registered

Contact your support representative.

_ 1 _
                  Routine AFPCAL received failure code while parsing or running your
                  concurrent program CPMGR

Review your concurrent request log file for more detailed information.
                  Make sure you are passing arguments in the correct format.

Thanks
                  • 6. Re: Concurrent Manager problem
                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                    To run AutoConfig you need to run "adautocfg.cmd", this script is located under:

For the Database: %ORACLE_HOME%/appsutil/scripts/<CONTEXT_NAME>
                    For the Application: COMMON_TOP/admin/scripts/<CONTEXT_NAME>

Better you stop all the application services (Just keep the DB and the DB listener up). Also, if you can manage to take a backup of your system before you run AutoConfig it would be better.
                    • 7. Re: Concurrent Manager problem
                      Hi Sawwan,

Thanks for prompt reply again. Now I m in the office, when I will go back then I will try to run and let you know the feedback.

Thanks and have a good day.

Khan
                      • 8. Re: Concurrent Manager problem
                        Hi Sawwan,

I run both the scripts, Now one problem has been resolved that is it does not give me the message "Node ID does not exist for the current application server id." But main problem is still there, I started the concurrent manager after running the AutoConfig, it started successfully but again stopped automatically.

Pls tell me what to do now:

Thanks and have a great day
                        • 9. Re: Concurrent Manager problem
                          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                          Yea, step by step .. 1st fix the Nod ID issue then back to the main issue :)

Did you match the APPL_SERVER_ID in the dbc file with (select server_id from fnd_nodes)?

Check the CM log file again for any new errors plz (Paste it here)
                          • 10. Re: Concurrent Manager problem
                            Fadi Hasweh
                            plz run auoconfig (adautocfg.sh) on both database and applcaiotion tire, it should crate the node id for you, and i guess then the CM will work.

fadi
                            • 11. Re: Concurrent Manager problem
                              Hi Sawwan,

Here is the Application Server ID from DBC file which is stored under C:\oracle\visappl\fnd\11.5.0\secure and its name is localhost_vis E8C9FA2307E94E13AFD2484DDB819D4323371400071672246892310077681317
                              and this is the server_id from fnd_nodes
                              E8C9FA2307E94E13AFD2484DDB819D43233714000716722468923100

Obviously these don't match, Also here is the log file of CM:

The Internal Concurrent Manager has encountered an error.

Review concurrent manager log file for more detailed information. : 24-JAN-2007 21:38:31 -

Shutting down Internal Concurrent Manager : 24-JAN-2007 21:38:31

_ 1 _
                              Concurrent Manager cannot find error description for CONC-System Node
                              Name not Registered

Contact your support representative.

_ 1 _
                              Routine AFPCAL received failure code while parsing or running your
                              concurrent program CPMGR

Review your concurrent request log file for more detailed information.
                              Make sure you are passing arguments in the correct format.

Now please tell me what to do next.

Thanks for your patience....
                              • 12. Re: Concurrent Manager problem
                                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                Please recheck the server_id value from fnd_nodes. Running Autoconfig should fix the value and match it with the one in the dbc file.

Let's try to do the following:

1) Check the profile option "Concurrent: GSM Enabled", if it is set to "Yes", change it to "No", restart the concurrent manager and check.

2) SQL> select object_name from dba_objects where status = 'INVALID' and object_name like 'FND_CONC%';
                                If it returns something then use adadmin to recompile the invalid objects. Restart the CM and check.

3) SQL> select * from dual; -> How many rows it return?

4) Login to SQL*Plus as applsys/apps and run the following:

SQL> update fnd_concurrent_requests
                                set status_code = 'X', phase_code = 'C'
                                where status_code = 'T';

SQL> commit;

Restart the CM and check
                                • 13. Re: Concurrent Manager problem
                                  Hi Sawwan,

I checked the profile option "Concurrent: GSM Enabled", and it was set to Yes and I changed it to N, Now everything is working fine.

Thanks a lot for your continued support.

Have a good day.

Khan
                                  • 14. Re: Concurrent Manager problem
                                    Hi,

Does changing the profile option
                                    Concurrent GSM enabled affect anything?
                                    What is the use of enabling this option?

Regards,
                                    Shiva
                                    1 2 Previous Next