6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2007 6:30 AM by Peter551059 RSS

Error while compiling package

Hi,

While compiling an invalid package i get this error, But the coding in the package has no error.

ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [psdtyfnd_with_suffix],[],[],[],[],[],[],[]
        • 1. Re: Error while compiling package
          ORA-00600 needs the contact with Oracle Support via Metalink.

As an option - try to drop package and re-create it dispite re-compiling or re-creation using "create or replace package...".

Rgds.
          • 2. Re: Error while compiling package
            contact Oracle Support, or use MetaLink
            • 3. Re: Error while compiling package
              APC
              The ORA-600 error code is reserved by Oracle for unhandled exceptions i.e. bugs. These are usually version and platform specific, so more information is useful. As the others have already said the standard procedure is to contact Support and/or check Metalink. As it is, I'm guessing you do not have a support contract.

Which version of the database are you using? can you recompile other packages? If so what is peculiar about this particular one?

Cheers, APC
              • 4. Re: Error while compiling package
                Hi,

Here we are using 9.2.0.6 oracle version,

I was able to compile and drop other packages.

When i try to drop this package i also get the same error
                • 5. Re: Error while compiling package
                  APC
                  I was able to compile and drop other packages.
                  In which case I repeat my final question from my previous post: what is peculiar about this particular one?

If you can establish what makes it different we might be able to offer a workaround for this behaviour.

Regards, APC
                  • 6. Re: Error while compiling package
                    Peter551059
                    I have similar problem.
                    I droped all object from scheme but one package won't drop.
                    Now when I try drop this package or user,
                    I get ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [psdtyfnd_with_suffix], [], [], [], [], [], [], []
                    There is no possibility to drop, recompile, replace this package. Everithing ends with error. There is no other object in scheme.
                    Even package has no body. So I try to create it. Package body was created with warnings but I still can't see it. When I create it again then I get ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object.

I use Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.1.0.3.0 on Linux
                    All experiments I do as SYSDBA.