2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2007 3:37 PM by 492716

OAI Instance name

When we try to hit the hub via a URL, instead of getting the IP Server information displayed, we get a 500 Internal Server Error and a javax.servlet.ServletException listed. It also writes a ts_null log in IAS/j2ee/home directory. This log states that the instance name is null, although this is assigned in the adapter.ini and web.ini files. Is there somewhere else that this is assigned that i am missing, or does anyone know what else might be causing this.

Any help would be great.
        • 1. Re: OAI Instance name
          I'm guessing that you're using an HTTP Adapter and you've deployed the transportServlet?

Have you tried undeploying and redeploying the TransportServlet? Maybe the deployment went wrong?
          • 2. Re: OAI Instance name
            Sorry about taking so long to get back. The problem was resolved. It was caused by the param-name in the web.xml file not being 'instanceName'. The war file was re-created and it was undeployed and redeployed as you said and now that is working. I have now got a problem with the format of the XML file I am trying to post to it (Start of root element expected) but that is a different issue.

Thanks for your reply