0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2007 3:10 PM by 558416

Installing APEX

Hello:

I'm trying to troubleshoot my problems with installing APEX. I used the companion CD to install the HTTP Server. Even though, the universal installer said everything succeeded, I still proceeded to review my installation logs.

I found two files, oraInstall2007-02-01_09-45-59am.err and the same name with an .out extension.

In the .err file; I have entries that appear as such:
      java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Helen\Downloads\10201_companion_win32\companion\stage\Components\oracle.sysman.agent\10.1.0.3.1\1\DataFiles\bin.jar (The system cannot find the file specified)
           at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
           at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
           at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.sysman.oii.oiio.oiiof.OiiofFileLoader.fetchDefaultJarToLocal(OiiofFileLoader.java:673)
           at oracle.sysman.oii.oiij.OiijFastJarExtracter.extract(OiijFastJarExtracter.java:140)
           at oracle.sysman.oii.oiij.OiijJarExtractQueue$OiijJarExtractWorker.run(OiijJarExtractQueue.java:341)

I wasn't going to paste the entire file becuase it is quite long. Anyway, the file is telling me that the system couldn't find the file in the directory. I went to my Windows Explorer and searched for the file that the log is referencing and I believe the file exists. In case of the example above, the missing file is bin.jar . The file name that I show in my directory is bin.1.1.jar.

Are these two files the same? If the files are not the same, what should I do from here? I downloaded the 10g companion CD. I would think that the correct files should have been installed.

Should these errors impact the successful installation of APEX?

As for the .out file, I do not understand what it is trying to tell me. Can someone interpret it for me?

This is the contents of the file:
      path: C:\DOCUME~1\HELENB~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\OraInstall2007-02-01_09-45-59AM\jre\1.4.2\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\

toload is C:\DOCUME~1\HELENB~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\OraInstall2007-02-01_09-45-59AM\WindowsGPortQueries.dll

CALL INTO REGISTRY.....
      DLL TO LOAD = C:\DOCUME~1\HELENB~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\OraInstall2007-02-01_09-45-59AM\nmew32rg.dll
      DLL LOADED
      Unable to find EM location in the registry : RegQueryValue failed
      REGISTRY VALUE = null

C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\ohs>C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\ohs\perl\5.6.1\bin\MSWin32-x86\perl.exe C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\ohs\install\instantiate.pl C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\ohs\Apache\Apache\htdocs C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\ohs\inventory\Templates\Apache\Apache\htdocs
      Instantiating file index.html...
      Instantiating file index.html.de...
      Instantiating file index.html.en...
      Instantiating file index.html.es...
      Instantiating file index.html.es_ES...
      Instantiating file index.html.fr...
      Instantiating file index.html.fr_CA...
      Instantiating file index.html.it...
      Instantiating file index.html.ja...
      Instantiating file index.html.ko...
      Instantiating file index.html.pt_BR...
      Instantiating file index.html.zh_CN...