This content has been marked as final. Show 10 replies
I also had the same error message FRM-92101 and had it for different reasons.
1. There was a problem with the scroll bar and after applying an oracle patch set it was solved.
2. There was a problem with java bean area's. When placed on the canvas it sometimes went wrong. Solved also by applying a patchset.
3. In the on-error trigger there is a headstart function being called. When an Oracle error message is raised it is not always being correctly handled. By putting the oracle message directly on screen by a message(), I by passed the problem. I.e. the message ORA-28001 is raised when a userlogin has expired. This message was not displayed and the form ended with an error.
It worked fine on the AS 9.0.4 (10gR1) and after an upgrade to 10.1.2 (10gR2) the forms didn't work. Like I explained before, in the on-error trigger there is a headstart function being called.
Check the post in the following message they had the same problem:
FRM-92101 and disconnection after invalid login in Headstart 10g
the problems are not quite the same, because they (on quoted post) upgraded Headstart too. We have old 220.127.116.11 headstart, and haven't got (for now) newer headstart. , so we need yust to migrate.
Do we have to upgrade headstart, if we don't develop that application any more?
Nither national Oracle support nider global Oracle support nither Oracle Consulting couldn't gave me upgrade documentation.
Have You got it? Or can you provide information where can we by new headstart?
Thank you, Mark, for your help :)
The problems are related. You changed your forms from 10gR1 to 10gR2. The headstart code I refer to doesn't work anymore in 10gR2. I does not matter if you upgrade headstart or not, the combination of the new forms with the headstart code gives the error message.
There are some changes in relation to the oracle 10gR2 database which could make you decide to migrate headstart to.
Headstart is a iDevelopment Accelerator package which could be purchased from Oracle Consulting.
is that meen that we will have similar problems with both old and new version ? If we do not want to develop forms application anymore, is it posible to use headstart 18.104.22.168 on 10g R2, and what we must done to make it work ?
Thank you very, very much Mark, these information is realy hard to find (we contact Oracle Consulting, but still haven't got proper answer)
It does not mean that you have the same problems in the old and the new version, cause if you had the same problem your application wouldn't work right now. When you put your Oracle Forms/Librarys on a new Application Server your forms have to be recompiled. By recompiling your forms/librarys, it will change your forms/librarys, otherwise they will not work on your new forms server. Because your Forms/Librarys are changed this means they differ and react different. This is also the reason why in the new environment you will get the error.
I can't garantee that when you use 22.214.171.124 on 10gR2 that you won't face problems. In a higher version of Oracle Headstart 6.5.4.X it is said that it will work with 10gR2 and there are some important changes towards the oracle 10gR2 database.
So there are two options for your current situation:
1) Oracle Headstart is a combination of pl/sql in your database and librarys for your forms. By upgrading Oracle Headstart to an new version of your application server by recompiling your forms and librarys, it might work. But like I wrote above this might not be without any problems. This might also require rewriting some of the Oracle Headstart code.
2) Upgrade your current Oracle Headstart to a newer version.
I can't say what's the best choice of the two options. Find a way to contact Oracle Consulting maybe they can tell your more.