2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2007 8:17 AM by 159563

Newbie question - Using Oracle Applications Adapters

Hi,
      I am trying to do a simple integration proof of convept between two Oracle eBusiness Suite instances using iStudio and Oracle Applications adapters. The message type I would like to use is API. I am not sure how to proceed. I have gone through the manuals and have looked at a sample integration scenario that Ian Scorrer has graciously provided, but that was using DB adapters. I am using iStudio/interconnect version 10gR2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Sunder
        • 1. Re: Newbie question - Using Oracle Applications Adapters
          Here is my understanding of how this should be set up. I want to create a person party in one system that will be replicated in the subscribing system via the hub.

1) Set up an OA adapter for the publishing system
          2) Set up an OA adapter for the subscribing system
          3) Add a subscription to the business event (hz.CreatePerson) to enable the publishing adapter to receive the message from the publishing eBusiness Suite. (This is the part that is unclear to me)
          4) Set up the interConnect mapping in iStudio. (Not sure if the publishing message type should be Oracle Apps API or Table or View). The subscribing message type is Oracle Apps API.

With the adapters running, I create a person party in system 1 and hope to see it created in system 2.

Can someone please validate my assumptions? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

With this set up, create
          • 2. Re: Newbie question - Using Oracle Applications Adapters
            Well, you said everything correct.

About 3)...There are 2 ways.

1 - You need:
            - PL Procedure 1 to be invoked from (BES) Event subscription (see any standard, for ex. WF_STANDARD.assign for example)
            - PL Procedure 2 to be called from PL Procedure 1 and publishing message to IC - this procedure (even package) is generated automatically after you define a Publish in iStudio and then generate PL from Deploy tab for publishing apps (generate it in APPS schema)
            - Subscription (in BES) for desired Event invokig your PL 1
            IN THIS CASE SELECT Table/API TYPE WHEN CREATING PUBLISH IN iStudio

2 - or you need:
            - AQ (you own or one of stardard)
            - BES Agent (in case of your own AQ - for standard there are Agents)
            - Subscription (in BES) for desired Event - choose Send To Agent and define your Agent name in subscription
            IN THIS CASE SELECT AQ TYPE WHEN CREATING PUBLISH IN iStudio
            THAN WRITE your AQ name in the Deploy tabof iStudio

About 4) - for Mapping simply do a copy of all attributes for the beginning

Simply do step 3 first and see in publishing adapter log if the message is actually published (set agent_log_level=3 in adapter.ini to see messages in the logs).
            When you'll got it at publish side, than began to develop receiving (subscribe) side.

If any problems with BES - try making procedure in autonomouse transaction and write to debug table to see if your Event and Subscription are actually fired.

Good luck!